Five Tips for Healthy Bones and Teeth
|Five Tips for Healthy Bones and Teeth||Darrell Miller||05/19/11|
May 19, 2011 03:36 PM
Author: Darrell Miller (email@example.com)
Subject: Five Tips for Healthy Bones and Teeth
1. Take calcium in your diet: dairy products, green vegetables or legumes. If you cannot take any of the dietary components for some reason, then a calcium supplement with magnesium should be sufficient. Fermented dairy products are best (yoghurt, kefir, or Calcium Supplement).
2. You need Vitamin D, which is generated in your skin by sunlight. So either get sufficient from sunlight or take a Vitamin D supplement.
3. Reduce consumption of foods containing oxalic acid (rhubarb, plums, spinach, cranberries) and presoak those that contain phytic acid (nuts, seeds, grains, legumes). Oxalates and phytates reduce calcium absorption by binding to the calcium - calcium oxalate is the predominant mineral that forms kidney stones.
4. Cut down your consumption of coffee, alcohol, chocolate, sugar and honey - they inhibit the absorption of calcium.
5. Exercise regularly - exercise helps to prevent loss of calcium and also helps to increase your bone density and mass.
By taking each of these 5 tips, you should be able to avoid excessive loss of calcium that can lead to osteoporosis and other problems associated with low calcium absorption. Calcium is also essential for the proper function of your central nervous system and in the maintenance of a healthy blood pressure.
|Five, Healthy, Bones, Teeth,||Tags:|
Alcohol, Blood Pressure, Calcium, Calcium Citrate,
Chocolate, Coffee, Cranberry, Exercise,
Honey, Legum, Oxalate, Rhubarb,
Spinach, Vitamin D,
Disclaimer: All material provided in the VitaNet ®, LLC. website is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the applicability of any information provided in the VitaNet ®, LLC. website to your symptoms or medical condition. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These web pages are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.