SearchBox:

BackRefresh

How Much Fiber Is In A Tomato And Its Health Benefits?

old message How Much Fiber Is In A Tomato And Its Health Benefits? Darrell Miller 10/18/11

PreviousNext

Date: October 18, 2011 05:43 PM
Author:
Subject: How Much Fiber Is In A Tomato And Its Health Benefits?

Overview

It is one of my favourite, and I always use it in my meals. I actually just had a pasta dish with lots of tomatoes. When I was a kid, I never really thought much about tomatoes, but I guess as you mature sometimes your taste for things changes. Plus while growing up and I started to get into health and nutrition and exercising I learned that there also is an awesome amount of health benefits that comes with a daily consumption of tomatoes. That all the more gave me a reason to put tomatoes in my all-time favourite ingredient in my food may it be an elaborate pasta dish or something as simple as tomatoes and chicken kebabs, just put it on the grill and add some salt and pepper and it’s all good. Aside from it being great for food though and being my favourite ingredient, there is most definitely more to know about tomatoes and the various health benefits it could give.

Tomatoes and Fiber

Tomato is wrongfully referred to as a vegetable and I say this because anything with seeds is technically a fruit. Any other part of the plant like the leaves that do not have seeds, like broccoli and lettuce are vegetables. It is typically a red fruit and originally was found in South America. It was spread all over the world by the Spaniards when they colonized the Americas. Now it is grown almost anywhere in the world. The tomato is also 50% fiber and have various health benefits and is known for it, however in terms of its high fiber content, we need to look at how fiber benefits our body.

Fiber

Fiber is a substance that helps our body in many ways and one of the most important things it does is helping with the maintenance of our digestive system. It helps in the cleansing process of the colon and keeps it healthy and away from damage from toxins and chemicals, it does not allow them to stay long in the colon to make damage due to consistent bowel movements that fiber helps us with. Studies even have shown that fiber can help with reducing the risk of heart disease and some types of cancer. Colon cancer is one of them and another is breast cancer, studies have shown that by just ingesting 30 grams of fiber a day you will help lower the risk of breast cancer by 50%.

Other Health Benefits of Tomatoes

One of the reasons why tomatoes are able to provide so much health benefits is because of its high contents of lycopene. It is a vital antioxidant in the body which is the key in the body’s fight against cancer cells and its development. Studies have shown that it is able to aid in the prevention of prostate cancer, cervical cancer, colon cancer, rectal cancer and others just to name a few because of its high lycopene levels.

Have you had your lycopene or tomatoes today?

If you do not like tomatoes, a supplement can give you the same health benefits without the flavour of tomatoes.

Guarantee: VitaNet® LLC Offers a 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!

VitaNet ® LLC. Discount Vitamin Store.
VitaNet ®, LLC, Vitamin Store, Go Back To Home Page