SearchBox:

BackRefresh

All About Silica.

old message How Can I Tell If Im Lacking Silica In My Diet? Darrell Miller 06/16/14

PreviousNext

Date: June 16, 2014 11:53 AM
Author:
Subject: How Can I Tell If Im Lacking Silica In My Diet?

silica plantUses of silica

Our body requires the mineral silica for it to function normally. The body uses this mineral together with calcium for growing and maintaining of strong bones. Silica is also a very strong anti-aging mineral and plays a big role in the prevention of osteoporosis (a condition in which bones become very fragile and likely to fracture). It also contributes to the strength, flexibility and integrity of connective tissues such as the ones found in bones, skin, nails and blood vessels. It is also important for the growth of the skin, hairs and fingernails. It also helps in the healing process, as it is an integral part of the immune system. It is also a vital component of the teeth whereby it strengthens the enamel hence preventing problems such as gum recessions and bleeding gums. We therefore require silica daily due to its many important functions in the body.

Silica deficiency

There are some symptoms of silica deficiency that will indicate you are missing it in your diet. These include poor formation of bones, osteoporosis, formation of wrinkles, and aging of the skin, brittleness of both finger and toenails and thinness of hair. The main symptom of this deficiency is sensitive to cold, meaning that you will feel cold even in the hottest summer days.

Foods rich in silica

Fibrous foods are the richest in this important mineral. Such foods are peppers, celery, potatoes, carrots, cereals, beets and unrefined grains. Other sources of the mineral are apples, almonds, raw cabbage, pumpkins, peanuts, honey, fish, cucumber, cherries, cons and raisins. Absorbing silica from foods is always difficult and that why it is important to consume these foods in large quantities. Grains have been shown to consist the highest level of absorbable silica.

It is very important to ensure your diet includes foods rich in silica. This is because it performs many functions in the body and its deficiency can pose many health problems.

Sources

1. //www.smartpublications.com/articles/the-nutritional-solution-for-healthy-shiny-hair-and-nails-revealed
  2. //www.mineral-deficiency.net/silicon-deficiency
  3. //dr.willard.com/blog/2011/03/silicon-what-is-it-good-for-and-why-do-our-bodies-need-it/

Guarantee: VitaNet® LLC Offers a 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!

VitaNet ® LLC. Discount Vitamin Store.
VitaNet ®, LLC, Vitamin Store, Go Back To Home Page