SearchBox:

BackRefresh

I Tried To Quit Sugar, But Failed Without Realizing Why

old message I Tried To Quit Sugar, But Failed Without Realizing Why Darrell Miller 01/07/17

PreviousNext

Date: January 07, 2017 02:59 PM
Author:
Subject: I Tried To Quit Sugar, But Failed Without Realizing Why

There's a right way and a wrong way to give up sugar in your diet. While giving up added sugars can have health benefits, doing so requires diligence. It's not enough to simply give up white sugar and corn syrup. Honey, maple syrup, and other sugars added to common foods such as ketchup can sabotage your plan to kick your sugar addiction. And coming off sugar -- like quitting any addiction -- requires a period of adjustment that can sometimes be uncomfortable. But starting with a plan and knowing what to expect can help you be successful in licking your sugar habit.

Key Takeaways:

• After realizing that she had a strong addiction to sugar, the author made a resolution to give up sugar for lent.
  • After giving up refined sugar, author had particularly strong cravings for all sugar as well as fatty and fried foods.
  • There are two types of sugar, natural and added. Both should be avoided because they both damage the body in the same way.

"I told myself I would stop eating refined sugar, which I loosely defined as corn syrup and the grainy, white stuff we add to cookies and cakes."

Reference:

//www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/give-up-sugar_us_5852a23ce4b02edd4115ee72

VitaNet ® LLC. Discount Vitamin Store.
VitaNet ®, LLC, Vitamin Store, Go Back To Home Page