SearchBox:

BackRefresh

The Difference Between Type I and II diabetes.

old message The Difference Between Type I and II diabetes. Darrell Miller 01/19/17

PreviousNext

Date: January 19, 2017 10:26 PM
Author:
Subject: The Difference Between Type I and II diabetes.

There are mainly two different types of diabetes - Type 1 diabetes and Type 2 diabetes.

Type 1 diabetes is known as insulin-dependent or juvenile diabetes. It is a condition in which there is an absolute lack of insulin. Due to the attacking of the body's immune system, the beta cells which are present in the pancreas and are responsible for making and secreting insulin die. Thus, there are no cells available to make insulin. So, in this case, the body will die without getting supplemental insulin immediately or in near- immediate future. The only treatment for this diabetes is insulin shots. Almost 10% of the people get this diabetes.

Whereas in type 2 diabetes, beta cells are present therefore insulin is also present. This diabetes is also known as non-insulin dependent diabetes. Insulin production produced is less than the amount of insulin the body requires. Almost 90% get affected by this type of diabetes. Treatment includes proper diet, exercise, and pills.

Usually, type 1 diabetes starts during childhood whereas type 2 diabetes is usually diagnosed during adulthood. As type 1 diabetes affects mostly young babies and children, it is known as juvenile-onset diabetes. People who have type 1 diabetes lack total insulin whereas type 2 diabetics have too little insulin.

Even the causes of type 1 and type 2 diabetes are entirely different. It is not possible to prevent type 1 diabetes whereas type 2 can be avoided. But type 2 diabetes may be genetic also. It may be the result of obesity or high blood pressure. The symptoms of type 1 diabetes are very severe. Suddenly the child becomes feeble and sick; urination is increased, experience increased thirst, nausea, vomiting, stomach and abdominal pain, excessive fatigue, weight loss and decreased appetite. Immediate medical attention or usually hospitalization is required for the person suffering from these symptoms. On the other hand, type 2 is often diagnosed before the presence of any symptoms.

VitaNet ® LLC. Discount Vitamin Store.
VitaNet ®, LLC, Vitamin Store, Go Back To Home Page