SearchBox:

BackRefresh

How Dangerous are over-the-counter Painkillers?

old message Will you need to replace your pain meds? Darrell Miller 09/07/05
old message Why is the FDA Requiring new warning labels on over-the-counter painkillers like advil,... Darrell Miller 09/07/05
old message What should I do if I am regularly taking one of these drugs? Darrell Miller 09/07/05
old message What other Painkillers can I use? Darrell Miller 09/07/05
old message What about Alternative approaches? Darrell Miller 09/07/05
old message How do systemic enzymes work? Darrell Miller 09/07/05

TopPreviousNext

Date: September 07, 2005 04:11 PM
Author:
Subject: Will you need to replace your pain meds?

Will you need to replace your pain meds?

Hundreds of millions of Americans depend on over-the-counter and prescription pain killers to manage pain associated with a variety of conditions. On April 7th, the FDA not only encouraged Pfizer to suspend sales of prescription bextra; the agency recommended strengthening warnings on all prescription drugs. The FDA set new guidelines for warning labels on over-the-counter painkillers as well, leading some people to questions whether these medicine cabinets stand-bys will be yanked from the market like some of their prescription counterparts. Popular drugs such as advil, aleve and motrin will be further investigated to determine how risky they really are. Many consumers are left wondering if it is safe to continue taking these drugs for headaches, muscle soreness, menstrual cramps and joint pain. The following questions and answers will help clarify FDA recommendations on over-the-counter painkillers.

TopPreviousNext

Date: September 07, 2005 04:12 PM
Author:
Subject: Why is the FDA Requiring new warning labels on over-the-counter painkillers like advil,...

Why is the FDA Requiring new warning labels on over-the-counter painkillers like advil, aleve and motrin?

The FDA wants warnings on all types of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). These Over-The-Counter(OTC) versions are in the same large family of drugs as prescription bextra and Vioxx – drugs linked to an increased risk of serious cardiovascular problems, Stroke, and gastrointestinal bleeding. The FDA is taking precautions while further safety investigations ensue.

TopPreviousNext

Date: September 07, 2005 04:12 PM
Author:
Subject: What should I do if I am regularly taking one of these drugs?

What should I do if I am regularly taking one of these drugs (Motrin, Aspirin, Advil, Aleve, Bayer)?

Prescription and OTC painkillers are not designed for long-term of excessive use, a recommendation that will be highlighted in upcoming label warnings. If you are taking these medications regularly or for prolonged periods of time, it is advisable to decrease the frequency and strength of dose. As always, consult your physician with any concerns.

TopPreviousNext

Date: September 07, 2005 04:13 PM
Author:
Subject: What other Painkillers can I use?

What other Painkillers can I use?

Aspirin and Tylenol can alleviate temporary pain such as muscle soreness and headaches. However, they are not recommended for long-term use because they can cause stomach irritation and gastrointestinal bleeding. Patients should restrict use of Tylenol to the recommended dose on the label, as acetaminophen in excessive amounts may pose serious health risks. Patients taking aspirin to reduce the risk of cardiovascular events should continue unless otherwise advised by there physician. Although aspirin is an NSAID, clinical trials support its action in prevention of cardiovascular events. For people at risk for cardiovascular events, the potential benefits may outweigh the risk associated with long-term use.

TopPreviousNext

Date: September 07, 2005 04:13 PM
Author:
Subject: What about Alternative approaches?

What about Alternative approaches?

Acupuncture, chiropractic care, nutrition programs, yoga, massage and supplementation represent alternative approaches to pain management. Although many multidisciplinary approaches may not provide immediate relief like pharmaceuticals, increasing evidence suggests these methods provide long lasting relief because they focus on the overall health and often facilitates positive lifestyle modifications. One such approach that complements positive lifestyle modifications is systemic enzyme supplementation.

TopPreviousNext

Date: September 07, 2005 04:14 PM
Author:
Subject: How do systemic enzymes work?

How do systemic enzymes work?

Systemic enzymes work to pacify overblown inflammation, a problem at the root of many conditions such as osteoarthritis. Systemic enzymes balance immune system function to help your body heal itself. Systemic enzymes have always been shown to promote a healthy circulatory and cardiovascular system.

Wobenzym N – Results and Science Separate us from the rest, Used successfully for over 50 years.

--
Vitanet ®

Guarantee: VitaNet® LLC Offers a 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!

VitaNet ® LLC. Discount Vitamin Store.
VitaNet ®, LLC, Vitamin Store, Go Back To Home Page
--->