News Letters and Articles related to your search!
- *New -- White Tea 500mg 60 vegetarian caps from Solaray
- The unique processing of green tea extract retains many of the active properties of the fresh leaf. The polyphenols of green tea have been the subject of numerous clinical studies regarding their potential to contribute to general health and well-bei ...
- *New -- Estro-3 60 Vegetarian Capsules code:10562
- Estro-3 Dietary Supplement to help restore Balance Naturalls. More and more women rely on plant derived phytoestrogens as a natural way to help support a woman's transition. The Solaray® brand is proud to introduce a highly advanced and innovati ...
- *New -- Prickly Pear 500mg - 100 Vegetarian Capsules - Solaray
- Protect - Provide - Prevent
Prickly Pear was used for centuries by Native American populations in there traditional medicine practices. Also known as "Nopal" or "Opuntia", the prickly pear cactus protects its self against the most hostile conditio ...
- 10 High-yield vegetables you should be growing this year
There are all different types of vegetables that grow all types of quantities. The amount of different vegetables is what sparks different types of growth patterenta that can justify different amounts to grow, e.g. More or less. The different ty ...
- 5 underrated vegetables you should be eating
There are many kinds of veggies out there but not all of them have a good rep. Some are assumed to not taste good. This talks about five which are highly under rated. You should have these as part of your diet, though, for their health benefits. ...
- 5 Vegan Gut Boosting Foods That Could Help You Lose Weight
These are some foods which can help fight off against gut bacteria. Sauerkraut is a fermented product which fights against bad bacteria and populates the gut with good bacteria. Oats have fiber which also helps out your gut bacteria. Green tea c ...
- 6 Easy Ways to Start Eating Vegan
Eating a Vegan diet is desirable by many people. Not only is it good for you, the diet may also help you lose weight and feel better. No one will deny that making the switch to a Vegan diet is difficult, but with these tips, making the transitio ...
- Are Vegan Supplements Good For Strict Vegetarians?
- The question as to whether or not vegan supplements are good for strict vegetarians cannot be answered or understood without a complete understanding of the meaning of the terms ‘vegan’ and ‘vegetarian’.
Where eating meat is concerned, there are ...
- Blue Green Algae is an Excellent Source of Protein and Amino Acids and more
Blue green algae are not only an excellent source of amino acids and protein, but are generally considered to be the king of superfoods. It contains just about every nutrient you could think of, and has the added advantage of being completely na ...
- Celebrity Holiday Fare - eating plenty of vegetables is the trendiest trend...
- Celebrity Holiday Fare
by Claire Gottlieb
Energy Times, October 11, 2003
Trendy celebrities and trendy food go together like holidays and sparkling trees. Within the celebrity-filled universe known as the media, eating plenty of vegetables is th ...
- Could Fruits and Veggies Save Hearts Worldwide?
Investigators are analyzing data that would show that eating more fruits and vegetables could reduce disability and premature death from heart disease. A DALY is one lost year of healthy life, and the study showed that low intake of fruits accou ...
- Diet of vegetables and wild game found to prevent diabetes and asthma
There may be a reason diabetes and asthma are on the rise and it may have to do with diet. Eating vegetables and wild game, a diet humans used to live on but which isn't popular anymore, may prevent it. Some hunt but few people live on wild game ...
- Does a vegan diet affect your ability to heal?
For all you vegans out there what if I told you being a vegan may give you the ability to heal faster? Sounds crazy I know but recently a once vegan man survived a brutal plane crash. There is no proof of this but some researches and scientist bel ...
- Eat (or drink) your vegetables: Make smoothies to maximize the lutein in spinach
Spinach, one of the healthiest vegetables available, and it contains a high amount of lutein. The best way to get this lutein is to blend it in a smoothie or add it to a green juice. Because lutein is fat-soluble and stored in the immune cells, ...
- Eat At Least Three Servings of Fruits & Veggies Daily to Your Keep Arteries Healthy
A recent study on the eating habits of millions has revealed new benefits that come from eating regular servings of fruits and vegetables. According to the research, eating three portions of fruits or vegetables per day caused statistically sign ...
- Eat fruits and vegetables of many colors for optimum health
There is a saying that you should eat the rainbow. This saying does not refer to a Skittles campaign but the USDA campaign about eating more colors of vegetables. The modern diet is fairly gray and brown and this introduces these vegetables to y ...
- Eat more fruit and veg for a longer life, researchers say
Eating loads of fruit and vegetables - 10 portions a day - may give us longer lives, say researchers. The study, by Imperial College London, calculated such eating habits could prevent 7.8 million premature deaths each year. The team also identifi ...
- Eat to Live - fruits and vegetables are more effective than foods like ...
- Eat to Live
by Mary Menendez
Energy Times, April 14, 2004
By now, most everyone with even a cursory interest in health knows that fruits and vegetables are more effective than foods like cheeseburgers at making your body more resistant to chroni ...
- Enjoy The Rainbow - The Color Wheel Of Fruits And Vegetables
- Fewer grains and more fruits and vegetables may keep your bones strong
It is a well known fact that vegetables and fruits and fresh food are much healthier than a heavy grain diet. What most people do not understand is that eating less grain can also mean stronger bones. Along with being healthier it is possible to s ...
- Fruit and veg: For a longer life eat 10 a day
If you want to be at your very best health, you need to eat fruits and vegetables every single day. But, how many of each should you eat each day to maintain the best health? Wonder no more because the information that you need to stay healthy is ...
- Fruit Often Mistaken as a Vegetable That Triggers Endorphin Rush and Targets Pain
A self professed health nut writes in her blog about peppers, which she states are actually fruits that are mistakenly called vegetables. She describes the various types of peppers, such as bell, banana, and chili. Chili peppers are spicy, wit ...
- Fruits and Vegetables may benefit academic performance…
- Although the effects of nutrition on health and school performance are often cited, few research studies have examined the effect of diet quality on the academic performance of children. A new study published in the Journal of School Health studied ...
- Fruits and vegetables may slow ALS
We know we should eat more fruits and vegetables, but it turns out that a diet high in these too foods may also help with diseases like ALS. Studies are showing that the foods we eat play a huge rule in both triggering and the prognosis of the d ...
- Health experts: Stop peeling your vegetables
People are being encouraged to eat the whole fruit or vegetable, peel and all. Most of the nutrients, vitamins, fiber, antioxidants and cancer fighters are contained in the peel. If the peel is unappetizing try using it in different ways such ...
- Help mitigate the toxic effects of traditional cancer treatments with diet: Soy, cruciferous vegetables associated with fewer side effects
Food may be a great way to help you fight cancer. A recent study has shown that eating more cruciferous vegetables, like broccoli and kale, as well as soy can help breast cancer survivors as well as menopause sufferers. The study found that the ...
- Here are some of the best vegan-friendly protein sources
Vegan diets are something that is really in fashion right now. Years ago, very few people were following vegan diets. People did not pay much attention to it but now, due to social media and marketing, these diets are getting more and more hype. ...
- Here's How to Actually Remove Pesticides From Fruits and Vegetables
Pesticide residue now commonly occurs on all fresh produce (including organic produce which uses natural pesticides). Those who believe pesticide consumption is directly linked to serious diseases like cancers can follow four at-home tips to dra ...
- How to beat stage 4 cancer: For one man, going vegan and quitting chemo saved his life
Going vegan has many health benefits, but for this one man it turned out to save his life. He was diagnosed with stage 4, or highly advanced, colon cancer. His body was not reacting to chemo so he decided to take it into his own hands and go veg ...
- I Am a Vegetarian, Should I be Taking a B-12 Vitamin Supplement?
- Vitamin B12 And Your Health
Vegetarians are especially in risk of deficiency in vitamin B12 in that there are no plant sources known to contain significant levels of this essential nutrient. While the body is capable of storing this vitamin in the ...
- If I am A Vegetarian, Do I Need Extra Iodine For Proper Thyroid Function?
- Thyroid, Your Health, And Metabolism
We are given absolute freedom unto what kind of diet we would like to engage ourselves in hence, at present we could see a lot of people engaging into different kinds of diets. The vegetarian diet is one of the m ...
- Increasing Fruit and Veggie Intake May Help Fight Alzheimer’s Disease…
- Drinking as little as two to three glasses of fruit and vegetable juice each week may help reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease by up to 75 percent. The study reporting these results, published in the American Journal of Medicine (2006, ...
- Is there a difference between fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables?
People might wonder of there is a difference between fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables. It was believed previously that frozen fruits and veggies do not have as much nutritional value as their fresh counterparts. It was also believed that du ...
- Is this cruciferous vegetable the key to brain regeneration?
Scientists have been researching ways of achieving brain regeneration for decades, but the article suggests that cruciferous vegetables is a method of regenerating the brain. An MIT scientist discovered that the growth of nervous tissue is aided ...
- Mangoni SuperFruit Antioxidant Cocktail
Mangoni SuperFruit Antioxidant Cocktail
NOW Mangoni is the one-of-a-kind “SuperFruit” antioxidant cocktail that unites 8 of the most antioxidant rich, hi-ORAC fruits on the planet. This completely unique formula boasts 3 times the polyphenol lev ...
- Marijuana and Milk? Here's what you need to know about weed milk, a relaxing vegan drink
There is increasing demand for products containing cannabis, especially CBD, as news gets around about its health benefits. Now, milk infused with CBD oil is on the market. A company called Rawligion recently launched a limited-edition drink cal ...
- Men, here's a diet plan for a better memory: leafy greens, darkorange and red vegetables, berries, and a glass of OJ
According to a recent Harvard University study, the optimal diet for men who want to maintain strong cognitive health consists of eating leafy green vegetables, berries, orange and red vegetables, and orange juice. Researcher Changzheng Yuan stu ...
- More fruits and vegetables can improve health
Even though fruits and vegetables have been shown to improve health and ward off cardiovascular disease and stroke, 10% or less of American adults and children eat the daily recommended servings of 4.5 cups. During June, there is a campaign cal ...
- New - Vegetarian Glucosamine - Promotes Healthy Joints
- New Product Announcement
Vegetarian Glucosamine - Promotes Healthy Joints
Provides building blocks for healthy joints, skin and all of the other connective tissues that give
strength, structure, and firmness to your body.
Contains 83% eleme ...
- New from NOW Foods Product line In September
- Fruit And Greens PhytoFoods Alkalizing Food Sources & Gluten Free
It is well understood that nutrients from wholesome, natural food sources are the most beneficial and healthy.
Sadly, most people simply do not have the time, energy, or even r ...
- Okra is a gut-friendly vegetable you need to be eating more often
- Okra is a gut-friendly vegetable you need to be eating more often
Okra is so good for you. Many people do not realize the benefits of vegetables and what they offer you. People need to have vegetables as part of their daily diet due to the nutrie ...
- Omnivore Vs Vegan Who Is Right?
- The omnivore vs vegan argument as to who is right and who is wrong can be argued from a number of different platforms. There is the ethical issue of whether we should eat other animal life, and also the argument as which is ‘better for you’, based o ...
- Peaceful Planet Vegan Protein Line...
VegLife® 100% Vegan Supplements began in 1992 as a product line within the Solaray® brand. The goal was to create a line of products that would be suitable for strict vegetarians who prefer not to consume products that include any animal-derived ...
- PERILLA OIL - Vegetarian Essential Fatty Acid Source
- PERILLA OIL
Vegetarian Essential Fatty Acid Source!
A rich source of alpha linolenic acid, the precursor to DHA and EPA essential fats.
Provides a great balance of Omega-3, 6 (linoleic) and 9 (oleic) fatty acids.
Promotes cardiovascular he ...
- Phytonutrient Antioxidants
- VEGGIE CAROTENOIDS
Veggie Carotenoids- Our Veggie Carotenoids formula is an effective
combination of plant-based antioxidants and whole-vegetable extracts
designed to provide many of the nutrients missing from less than fresh, over
cooked or co ...
- Radicchio: The Vitamin K Vegetable that Supports the Heart & Bones (And Kills a Common Parasite!)
Many people have not heard of radicchio, and if they have, they don't really know what it is, let alone use it for their own consumption. Radicchio is a leafy vegetable that can be used in many salads or other recipes. It has a somewhat spicy ...
- Should Vegans Take DHA to Preserve Brain Function?
Ever since recent studies uncovered that patients with dementia and Alzheimer’s have lower levels of omega-3 fatty acids and DHA, the question has been whether supplementing our diets with these nutrients will help fend off cognitive diseases. Wha ...
- The Dangers of Vegetable Oil
More often than not, when we see the words vegetable oil, we assume that it is good for us since vegetables are essentially beneficial for the body. The truth of the matter is that this kind of oil is mostly derived from seeds such as sunflower, so ...
- The evidence is undeniable: Green leafy vegetables take the prizewhen it comes to protecting eye health
One consequence of glaucoma is vision loss or blindness. It is estimated that leafy green vegetables like kale, broccoli and other vegetables are full of minerals and vitamins that prevent diseases like diabetes and heart disease. The question t ...
- Top 8 Vegan Omega-3 Sources: How to Get Vegan Omega-3 Into the Diet
Omega-3s have a wide variety of health benefits, from controlling inflammation to improving brain health. For vegans who wish to avoid fish-based omega-3 sources, a number of good vegan sources exist. Brussels sprouts are a superb source of omeg ...
- Triphala Gold - Now Available in Vegetarian Capsules
- Sustainably wildcrafted—organically cultivated fruits
Planetary Herbals, the company that introduced Triphala to the American health food market, offers you this premier product made from organic fruits: Triphala Gold.
The most highly revered d ...
- Vegans can improve their omega-3 levels by taking non-animal formsof DHA
People who identify as vegans obviously follow a much different diet than other individuals in the world. For some, there are massive benefits to undertaking a vegan diet because of what it means for the environment. However, there are some draw ...
- Vegetarians need more omega-3s
- Vegetarians need more omega-3s
Remind your meat-shunning customers to stock up on vegan omega-3 supplements. A recent study done at England’s university of Oxford found that the level of omega-3 in the blood of vegans and vegetarians was signific ...
- Want fewer wrinkles? Eat protein at every meal, plus fruits, vegetables, healthy fats
Reduce wrinkles by following healthier diet habits. Maintain a steady intake of fluids for hydration, such as milk, orange juice, water. Regularly eating a combination of fruits like oranges, pineapples, some vegetables such as tomatoes, beets, an ...
- Well: Are Hydroponic Vegetables as Nutritious as Those Grown in Soil?
What kind of solution the vegetables are grown in makes a difference in how nutritious they are. Hydroponics has come a long way also in growing vegetables just as nutritious as those grown in soil. Plants traditionally get nutrients from soil. Pl ...
- What Are The Cruciferous Vegetables With Indoles?
- A cruciferous vegetable is a common category of vegetables. The term cruciferous is used to refer to vegetables which have a cross - shaped pattern that can be found under the core of the plant's stalk. This classification of vegetables includes:
- Why vegetarian staples like beans and peas are more filling than meat
Legume-based meals have been shown to keep you feeling fuller longer than meat based products. Protein-rich legumes contain more fiber than mean based products which help you feel full longer. There are many legume recipes available to try if you ...
- Women and Vegetarian Diets: care needed
- Nutritional trends have dictated
especially to women
to eat less meat and more vegetables
and fruits. While only
about one percent of North
American men are vegetarians,
it is estimated that four times
this number of women do not
eat meat. In ...