- UPC: 733739031921
The Benefits of CoQ10
Coenzyme Q10, or CoQ10, is a nutrient that plays an important role in the production of energy in the body. It also works as an antioxidant to protect cells from damage. CoQ10 levels decrease as we age, making supplementation important for people over the age of 40. Here are some of the potential benefits of CoQ10.
1. Heart health. CoQ10 has been shown to help reduce the risk of heart disease and improve heart function. One study showed that CoQ10 supplements reduced the risk of heart attacks in people with heart disease.
2. Brain health. CoQ10 levels have been found to be lower in people with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Some studies have shown that CoQ10 supplements can improve brain function in people with Alzheimer's disease, but more research is needed.
3. Exercise performance. CoQ10 has been shown to improve exercise performance and increase muscle strength in people who are unable to exercise due to chronic fatigue syndrome or other conditions. It may also help people who are taking statin drugs experience less muscle pain.
4. Cancer treatment. CoQ10 may help boost the immune system and improve quality of life in cancer patients undergoing radiation or chemotherapy treatment. It may also help reduce side effects such as fatigue and nausea.
5. Fertility. CoQ10 has been shown to improve fertility in women with egg quality issues and men with low sperm counts.
CoQ10 is a nutrient that offers a wide range of potential health benefits. It is especially important for people over the age of 40, as levels of this nutrient tend to decrease with age. If you are interested in taking a CoQ10 supplement, talk to your doctor to see if it is right for you.
Suggested Usage: Take 1 softgel 1 to 2 times daily with food.
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Servings Per Container: 50
Description Amount per Serving % Daily Value
Vitamin E (as d-alpha Tocopherol) 20 mg 133%
Selenium (from L-Selenomethionine) 70 mcg 127%
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) 50 mg
†Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Rice Bran Oil, Softgel Capsule [bovine gelatin (BSE-free), glycerin, water, carob], Beeswax and Soy Lecithin.
Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, milk, egg, fish or shellfish ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Caution: For adults only. Consult physician if pregnant/nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition. Keep out of reach of children.
Contains no titanium dioxide. Separation and color variation in the softgel may occur. This is natural and doesn't affect product quality.
NOW® CoQ10 is pharmaceutical grade.
NOW CoQ10 products contain only the all-trans form of CoQ10 produced by fermentation.
Family owned since 1968.