- UPC: 628240257215
|Celebration Herbals Cleavers Herb Wildcrafted 24 grams|
The stems of Cleavers are lined with raspy little teeth which easily catch on clothing and "cleave" to a passerby. As of old it was customary to use Cleavers as a bedding material for childbirth, since it mats into itself well. It is thus known as "bedstraw" and is thought to have been the bedding material used by Mother Mary when she gave birth to Jesus.
We learn from Dioscorides that the Greek shepherds of his day employed the stems of this herb to make a rough sieve to strain milk, and is still used the same way in Sweden to this day. Cleavers is a very beneficial herb, makes an excellent vegetable and the tea can be enjoyed as a drink or used as a facial wash.
With this bulk package you can create a vast array of home remedies including tinctures, capsules, poultices, salves and, of course, herbal tea.
To get the most medicinal bennefit, use this method of brewing. It's known as the decoction method.
• Good water is an essential part of brewing great tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
• Combine desired amount of herbs with good water in a stainless steel or glass pot.
• Heat mixture until it is vigorously boiling, then cover and let simmer 10 to 20 minuites.
• When the tea has steeped long enough, strain off the herbs using a tea strainer or coffee filter and enjoy. Extra tea can be kept in a covered glass jar for a few days in the refrigerator.
• Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
No flavourings, preservatives or sweeteners of any kind.
Wildcrafted Cleavers Herb (Galium aparine)
The above herbs have been harvested from wild (uncultivated) areas and randomly harvested to ensure natural species regeneration.
Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing. Keep out of reach of children.
Helpful Customer Reviews