Cordycep: Meaning & Benefits
|CORDYCEP: MEANING AND BENEFITS||Darrell Miller||07/22/15|
July 22, 2015 01:25 AM
Author: Darrell Miller
Subject: CORDYCEP: MEANING AND BENEFITS
Cordyceps is simply a fungus. Not typically kitchen friendly, but if health is your number one target, then it will make the best supplement in your system. Before we go deeper into its benefits let us first have a clear understanding of what this unpopular yet effective medicinal fungi is.
What is Cordyceps?
It is simply an ascomycete fungi genus with approximately four hundred species that are mainly parasitic. They weren't considered beneficial to health until a recent discovery of Cordyceps Sinensis popularly known as a caterpillar fungi (It attaches itself on the caterpillar). Despite limited research on its health benefits, Cordyceps seems to be the best remedy for most of the health complications related to poor diet, lack of exercise and more.
Let us take a look at some of its benefits.
1. A remedy for kidney disease - Cordyceps prevent rat's renal fibrosis. This condition (renal fibrosis) is evident in later stages of the organ. However, there is still need for more research on this fact.
2. Slows down Tumor Growth - There is some proof that Cordyceps trigger the immune system to combat cancer. Ability to improve the immune system was due to a result of research where there were some indications that Cordyceps slowed down tumor growth in many animals.
3. Increase libido - Lots of studies shows that Cordyceps raise the level of testosterone in rats. There are some claims that it also enhances sexual performance that is also yet to be proven.
Apart from slowing down tumor growth, kidney disease and increasing sexual performance that are yet to be confirmed, Cordyceps have other numerous health benefits according to researchers that are,
* Increase body oxygen uptake - Needed for maximum athletic performance.
* Reduce the aging effects - Slows down aging that has remained a bother for centuries.
* Strengthen muscles - For weight lifters and athletes looking to gain strong muscles with a little workout.
* Improves lung function - Improves breathing needed for athletic performance
* Good for the liver - Slows down liver complications that are known to lead to a liver transplant.
There are also some claims that Cordyceps may replace the steroids when it comes to improving athletic performance and muscle building. Among these claims is that Cordyceps can enhance stamina needed mostly by sportsmen and women. Other researchers claim that it can tone muscles, increase energy and even reduce fatigue after a long time of work.
In summary, the caterpillar fungi (Cordyceps) has a lot in store when it comes to solving health complications. However, these claims are yet to be confirmed. If the facts are as real as the researchers claim them to be, then Cordyceps will be at the top of the top list of best natural supplements ever discovered.