Search Term: " Eyedrops "
What Makes Beta Carotene The Safer Vitamin A.
November 15, 2013 11:24 PM
What is the Main Source of Beta Carotene
Vitamins are essential ingredients for a healthy living. A good example of a very essential vitamin is Vitamin A, which consists of a group of fat-soluble retinoids, including retinol, retinal, retinyl esters [1-3] and retinoic acid. The main sources of vitamin A, retinoids, that comes from animal products and Beta carotene, which comes from plants are essential for not only treating deficiency syndromes but also boosting the immune system.
What are the Importance of Vitamin A
The most important type of vitamin A, is in no doubt beta carotene, a type of carotenoid. The main source of beta carotene is carrots. Carotenoids act as anti-oxidants and anti-inflamatory nutrients. Beta carotene is considered a safe vitamin A source because its sources are vegetables, for instance carrots, meaning that it is low in fat content.
1. Most animal products are rich in cholesterol. Once inside your body, cholesterol molecules bind together forming plaques which then attach themselves on the walls of blood vessels. This restricts the flow of blood resulting to high blood pressure. Plant products, unlike animal products, have less cholesterol and, vitamin A (such as beta carotene), keeps the cholesterol molecules in your body from binding together. It also prevents it from attaching itself on the walls of the arteries.
2. It facilitates normal growth of healthy cells and cell division. A normal replication of DNA requires presence of vitamin A. This vitamin, therefore, inhibits multiplication of cancerous cells and slows tumor growth down. Abnormal cell devision, as found in cancer victims, is a sign that there is deficiency of vitamin A.
3. Studies show that levels of vitamin A are very low for people suffering from viral diseases. When these people receive additional levels os the vitamin, they are said to recover faster since the defences are now restored. This shows that vitamin A is very important in causing retreats of viruses for instance those that cause measles, respiratory viruses, and even HIV.
4. Stroke victims, on the other hand, are encouraged to take vegetables and fruits (they are very good sources of beta carotene). The reason for this is because vitamin A in stroke patients helps reduce chances of the victim suffering from disabilities or in some extreme cases, death.
4. Apart from being very helpful in improving eyesight in dim light, beta carotene helps relieve the dry-eye disorder. When the lubrications of the eyes reduces, mainly due to reduction in tear production, the eyes can be very uncomfortable. Vitamin A Eyedrops improve the cell fuctions in your eyes and restores their moistness.