Search Term: " umours "
Brain cancer symptoms: Do YOU know the signs of John McCain's RARE aggressive type?
July 23, 2017 04:14 PM
Brain cancer is terrible. It takes a real toll on the body. It can prove fatal as well. This gives the symptoms of an especially aggressive type. It will help you know what to watch for in case you think you may have it. If you think this definitely talk to your body since symptoms can have more than one cause. This is the kind of cancer John NcCain has so it's all over the news right now.
"Brain tumours are graded according to how fast they grow and how likely they are to grow back after treatment, according to the NHS."
Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/831432/brain-cancer-symptoms-john-mccain-glioblastoma
Can turmeric really shrink tumours, reduce pain and kill bacteria?
May 09, 2017 08:44 AM
According to Gunveen Kaur, the food turmeric is a miracle substance. This yellow-colored spice, widely used in India and South East Asia, supposedly contains anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-cancer properties. Additionally, this substance encourages the death of cells that are dangerous or no longer needed in the human body. According to Kaur, systemized studies have supported these assertions to certain extents. While these findings are quite promising, more work needs to be done to validate and study how much of an impact this miracle food has on the health of others.
"Although curcumin is showing some encouraging effects in reducing markers of inflammation in humans, the majority of the pharmacological effects of curcumin are in lab studies or animal experiments."
Read more: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-04-turmeric-tumours-pain-bacteria.html
Vitamin C breakthrough discovery: Low-cost nutrient halts growth of cancer stem cells... 1000% more effective than cancer drug... peer-reviewed science confirms powerful effects
March 28, 2017 08:59 AM
Researchers have made a remarkable discovery into the potential of vitamin C to stop the growth of cancer cells. This study was performed by the University of Salford and found that vitamin c was ten times more effective than a pharmacy grade cancer drug at stopping a cancerous tumor's ability to process energy to grow. The study is published at Oncotarget and this article provides a link to the study along with more detailed information into the research.
"Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) can be used to target and kill cancer stem cells (CSCs), the cells responsible for fuelling fatal tumours"
Read more: http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-03-22-vitamin-c-breakthrough-discovery-low-cost-nutrient-halts-growth-of-cancer-stem-cells-1000-more-effective-than-cancer-drug-peer-reviewed-science-confirms.html
Gut bacteria 'may help drugs fight cancer'
November 17, 2016 12:49 PM
A study by the University of Texas has found that people with a more diverse population of bacteria in their gut tend to respond better to cancer treatments. Fecal transplants are already used to treat some diseases, but now research is being done to determine if incorporating healthier bacteria into those undergoing chemotherapy would be beneficial. It is believed that the people with a healthier diet with more fruits and vegetables is what causes the healthier gut bacteria.
"The human body is home to trillions of micro-organisms - estimates suggest our own tissues are so heavily outnumbered that our bodies are just 10% human."
Acerola and its health benefits
January 12, 2014 01:53 PM
Acerola cherries, also known as Malpighia emarginata is a small fruit bearing shrub native to central and southern America and West Indies. It is also grown in California and subtropical areas of Asia that is India and is an important source of nutrient for the people living in this area for over hundreds of years. It came into use in 1950 when some of the manufactures found that orange juices are too acidic for infants and could prove to be harmful for them. Acerola is rich in Vitamin C. A Mild portion of Acerola extract in orange juice would be less acidic and full of Vitamin C.
According to a scientific study done on mice suffering from lung tumours, Acerola helps in regulating the abnormal cell growth. According to researchers, the Anthocyanins present in the fruit are mainly responsible for the action.Therefore, various surveys and studies around the globe it has been found that antioxidants in acerola have disease-fighting agents and thus play a key role in preventing and managing health problems such as cancer, hypertension, bacterial infections, and diabetes. It has free-radicals and anti-fungal agents that prevents skin aging and helps in fighting cancer. Due to the high concentration of vitamin C and unique combination of antioxidants in it, acerola has proven to be an important health supplement. The vitamin C in it has much more anti oxidative power and is readily absorbed due to the presence of ingredients like vitamin A, niacin, vitamin B2, vitamin B1, calcium, phosphorus, protein, and iron. They can be taken in the form of powder, tables, capsules, syrups, or juices and only moderate consumption of Acerola cherries are recommended as over-dosage could cause diarrhea.
Acerola is thus an amazing source of vitamin C. This is a water soluble vitamin and thus it leaves the human body quickly. This is the reason for the necessity of the regular consumption for the optimum health. In order to function properly, every gland and organ in human body needs the vitamin that plays a role in fighting infection and healing body.
What Can Turmeric Do For My Health?
April 02, 2012 10:21 PM
There are a lot of natural food items and spices which in addition to providing a nice flavour to the food also provide a lot of health benefits. One such famous spice is ‘turmeric'. It is of common use in Indian, Chinese and other Asian countries' cuisines. Many health benefits of turmeric are still being researched; however, here are listed its few known benefits.
# Turmeric's health benefits against cancer:
- Turmeric has powerful anti-oxidant properties and therefore is useful against cancer treatments of many kinds. - Researches have shown that turmeric can prevent breast cancer to spread in lungs. - Turmeric is useful to intensify the effects of the drug ‘paclitaxel' which is taken to cure breast cancer and to prevent the side effects of this drug. - In many cases, turmeric also prevents metastases to develop in many different types of cancer. - The combined effect of cauliflower and turmeric prevents prostate cancer. It also helps to inhibit the growth of existing prostate cancer cells. - Benefits of turmeric for pancreatic cancer are still being studied. - It has also been shown that turmeric is effective to stop the growth of blood vessels in tumours.
# Benefits for skin:
- Assists in healing wounds and repairing damaged skin conditions. - Helps to fight skin infections and inflammations. - It has good antibacterial properties and can be applied on wounds as a disinfectant. - It helps to fight skin inflammation conditions like psoriasis. - Turmeric mixed with honey is a good skin bleaching agent. - Turmeric paste is also good to reduce sun tan from the skin. - Mixing turmeric in face packs can help cure acne to some degree. - Turmeric mixed with curd if applied daily on the abdomen of pregnant ladies can help in preventing pregnancy stretch marks. - Application of turmeric paste for skin burns is a good remedy for it. - Regularly washing face with turmeric can help a person get rid of excessive facial hair.
# Benefits for the nervous system:
- It helps to slow down the effects of Alzheimer's disease. - It acts as a natural painkiller. - It is also used as an ingredient in medicines against depression. - It also has anti-platelet abilities, and therefore is promising for protection against heart attacks, blood arteries and vein clogs etc.
# Other health benefits of turmeric:
- Because of its inflammatory properties, turmeric is known to be useful in the treatment of arthritis, muscle pain, ligament pains etc. - Aids in fat management by increasing the metabolism rate in an individual. - Helps in detoxifying liver. It also helps protect the liver from the damaging effects of various toxins like that of alcohol. - Turmeric mixed in warm water when consumed can help in the conditions of diarrhoea. - It's consumption also helps to relieve menstrual pains.
# Dosage of turmeric:
Turmeric should form a part of one's daily diet and should ideally form part of various dishes which are consumed daily. An adult can safely consume one to three grams of turmeric powder daily. To be consumed as a supplement, it can be taken as pills available in health stores.
# Things to keep in mind before consuming turmeric:
- Consume turmeric in moderation as excess of anything is bad. - Consult your physician before beginning to consume any supplements. - Those who have congestive heart disease should refrain from consuming it. - Those having obstructive jaundice, extreme liver disorders, blood clotting issues, and painful gallstones should not take turmeric. In general, if you have any troubling health condition or if you are on medication, then you should consult your physician before consuming it. - Pregnant women, nursing mothers and women with fertility issues should also consult their physician before consuming turmeric.
Turmeric is a wonder-food, to help you fight against many health conditions. It is easily available and is easy to consume. Make sure to give it due consideration to be included in your daily diet for a healthy life.