SearchBox:

BackRefresh

What Are Probiotics And How Can They Improve Colon Health?

old message What Are Probiotics And How Can They Improve Colon Health? Darrell Miller 09/18/11

PreviousNext

Date: September 18, 2011 12:50 AM
Author:
Subject: What Are Probiotics And How Can They Improve Colon Health?

Overview

Sometimes when you turn on the television set when you get home you will see some commercials about some product talking about the benefits of probiotics and that some food products are fortified with it and some are about over the counter supplements. They probably will be talking about colon health and some other benefits and that would make you wonder what it truly is and if it will also help you. Well what I can tell you is, it should because it benefits anyone or anything that has a colon but I guess like most things it still depends on your unique body chemistry as to whether or not it will be as effective as people say it will be on those ads. In general though, it definitely is something that helps strengthen and maintain colon health so let us look at probiotics in detail and we should be able to know if it is something which may be suitable for us.

Probiotics

Simply put, it is bacteria. At first glance you may think, why would I want to put bacteria in my body when all I am trying to do every day is to stay away from bacteria? However probiotics is defined as any form of bacteria that is used medically for treatments in other words it may be bacteria but it is used in such a way that it will give positive health benefits to the body because there is such a thing as good and bad bacteria and probiotics is part of the good side of the bacteria family.

Just to give you an idea of how bacteria coexists within our body and even does good things, in our digestive system alone there are hundreds of different species of bacteria residing in there and most of them plays a role in a number of essential bodily functions like affecting nutrient absorption, food processing and cleansing of the colon. So yes, we are able to benefit from having certain species of bacteria in our body.

Probiotics and Colon Health

Colon health has long been shown to be directly proportional to the level of probiotics in the body. Many gastrointestinal diseases like Irritable Bowel Syndrome or IBS, intestinal bowel disorders or IBD and Crohn’s disease are found to occur in patients with low probiotic levels in the stomach and subsequently when supplemented with bifidobacteria or lactobacilli which are specific examples of probiotics so as to help increase levels, the symptoms of these diseases goes down. In the modern American diet today, it does seem that there is a lack of consumption for foods that contain good levels of probiotics.

Although I do agree with increasing foods with good levels of probiotics it is not enough to correct years of imbalance and the only way is to include supplementation as part of your diet. It will allow for a good cleanse of the colon as proper levels will allow regular stool passage and when that happens it will also flush away good bacteria so maintenance is needed and with supplementation, you will be able to do that.

Guarantee: VitaNet® LLC Offers a 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!

VitaNet ® LLC. Discount Vitamin Store.
VitaNet ®, LLC, Vitamin Store, Go Back To Home Page