SearchBox:

BackRefresh

How Does Omega-3/6/9 Help My Cat And Dogs Hair Health?

old message How Does Omega-3/6/9 Help My Cat And Dogs Hair Health? Darrell Miller 09/23/11

PreviousNext

Date: September 23, 2011 12:50 PM
Author:
Subject: How Does Omega-3/6/9 Help My Cat And Dogs Hair Health?

A man's best friend as we all know them, and yes, I do mean both dogs and cats, I know we would commonly refer to dogs when it comes to that saying but I can make an argument about cats being a man's best friend too. Although I won't get into details about that in this article, no room for that argument for the moment. Rather we are going to talk more about their health or Hair Health to be exact. We've all had that experience right? An owner of any of the two pets, may it be a new sofa, a new car or maybe a new bed, will experience hairs everywhere. Well one way to improve that situation and I'm not saying that it will cure it completely is to focus more on how to help enhance your pet's hair health.

The Dog

How many times have you heard someone referring to a dog as a sick one due to poor fur conditions? A lot probably, because it is true, the fur is most definitely one of the ways to tell whether a pooch is healthy. I understand, you might be saying that hair loss among dogs is usual and in fact, they do have seasonal shedding. And I am not disputing that fact, like I said earlier we will not be able to stop shedding entirely because of that very reason, it is part of a dog's biological process. However, it does not mean we could not lessen it especially when it is not part of their seasonal shedding. But before we get there let's talk about the other half of this match made in heaven.

The Cat

A little fur ball here and there, who hasn't seen that? Cats do shed hair and they do it all throughout the year. The amount of shedding is determined by a couple of things, its health, its nutrition and in some cases where it lives. Its environment does play a factor, like the weather or whether it is an outdoor cat or an indoor cat. But we can influence a couple of those possible reasons for shedding.

Omega 3/6/9 and Hair Health

These omega fatty acids are one things that could help us with the hair shedding challenges that our adorable pets give us. Aside from usual regimens of brushing and other tips to improve hair health, supplementation of these omega fatty acids could be of great help to you. Here are some of the reasons why.

Omega 3 has Alpha Linolenic Acid, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). These substances are essential in the optimum functioning of our pet's central nervous system and aids in the protection of skin from diseases.

Omega 6 also contains linolenic acid and arachidonic acid, and has anti - inflammatory properties and helps promote healthier skin, hair and nails.

Omega 9, also known as oleic acid is a precursor of the other essential fatty acids which is the primary reason for its importance.

Actipet Pet Supplements!

Guarantee: VitaNet® LLC Offers a 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!

VitaNet ® LLC. Discount Vitamin Store.
VitaNet ®, LLC, Vitamin Store, Go Back To Home Page