SearchBox:

BackRefresh

How Do I Know If I Have an Allergic reaction To Sodium Aluminum

old message How Do I Know If I Have an Allergic reaction To Sodium Aluminum Darrell Miller 10/11/11

PreviousNext

Date: October 11, 2011 12:46 PM
Author:
Subject: How Do I Know If I Have an Allergic reaction To Sodium Aluminum

Sodium aluminum is available in many forms. It may come in the form of sodium aluminum phosphate, sulfate, silicate and hydride. Sodium aluminum phosphate is a chemical compound commonly used in processing food products as food additive. It contains aluminum, sodium hydroxide and phosphoric acid. It has two forms. In its acid state it is a component of many baking powders while in its alkaline state it is employed as an emulsifier in the processing of cheese.

Sodium aluminum sulfate or commonly known as Alum is utilized in the market as an acid regulator of foods. Furthermore, sodium aluminum silicate is an acidic salt which is also used as a food additive. It naturally contains sodium, aluminum, silicon and oxygen. Lastly, sodium aluminum hydride is a substance which is used as a potent reducing agent. This chemical compound reacts with oxidizing agents in many organic reactions.

From the name itself, sodium aluminum is comprised of the elements Sodium and Aluminum. Aluminum is an element which belongs to the boron group. It is not soluble in water and is considered as the most abundant metal element on Earth. It is also the third in the most abundant element next to oxygen and silicon and considered to be the most widely utilized non – ferrous metal in the world. In spite of its abundance in nature, aluminum salts have not been completely established to have benefits among any forms of life. However, studies are ongoing to discover its biological uses and benefits to human health. Aluminum allergy may have side effects to the body. Most common are skin dermatitis, swelling and raised nodules. However, these are not life – threatening.

Sodium, on the other hand, is a major mineral which is very useful in the human body. It can be found outside the cells of the body and is very important in regulating normal blood pressure and fluid volume. Sodium also plays a significant role in maintaining a normal body pH thus facilitating internal homeostasis. The muscles and nerves of the human system also require this beneficial element for them to function properly. The most common form of sodium is the table salt.

It can also be found in many food items such as dairy products, fruits and vegetables. Sodium is commonly used in the food world as food additive and preservative. Most diets consist of more than enough sodium, so deficiency of this element is rare. However, like any other mineral, it has a recommended dosage and limit of intake. Eating a diet which is very high in sodium is closely related high blood pressure and can increase calcium loss, which can increase the risk of osteoporosis. High sodium in the body also facilitates potassium loss thus making the body weak and the nervous system function poorly.

Sodium aluminum may cause insignificant allergic reactions only. However, if symptoms occur it is wise that you should consult your doctor before making any action or treatment of the said hypersensitivity. It would be safer to seek medical attention.

VitaNet ® LLC. Discount Vitamin Store.
VitaNet ®, LLC, Vitamin Store, Go Back To Home Page