- UPC: 628240206848 # P275684
|Celebration Herbals Slippery Elm Bark Powder Organic 40 grams|
The Slippery Elm is native to North America and is derived from the inner bark of the Red Elm tree.
The inner bark was very popular among both Native Americans and European settlers. They used it to improve the flavour of game; to prevent lard or butter from turning rancid, as a flour extender, and as a jelly thickener. Today it is also used a main ingredient in throat lozenges.
In tea form it makes a very mild drink and has a peculiar sweetish aroma with a bland taste.
With this bulk package you can create a vast array of home remedies including tinctures, capsules, poultices, salves and, of course, herbal tea.
To get the most medicinal benefit, use this method of brewing. It's known as the decoction method.
• Good water is an essential part of brewing great tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
• Combine desired amount of herbs with good water in a stainless steel or glass pot.
• Heat mixture until it is vigorously boiling, then cover and let simmer 10 to 20 minutes.
• When the tea has steeped long enough, strain off the herbs using a tea strainer or coffee filter and enjoy. Extra tea can be kept in a covered glass jar for a few days in the refrigerator.
• Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
No flavourings, preservatives or sweeteners of any kind.
Organic Slippery Elm Bark Powder (Ulmus rubra)
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.
Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing. Keep out of reach of children.
Helpful Customer Reviews