SearchBox:

BackRefresh

What Are The Essential Minerals Our Body Needs?

old message What Are The Essential Minerals Our Body Needs? Darrell Miller 09/16/11

PreviousNext

Date: September 16, 2011 11:47 PM
Author:
Subject: What Are The Essential Minerals Our Body Needs?

Overview

Diseases are something that Americans want to avoid. I think for the most part we know what we need to do, we are aware of the steps we need to take to avoid disease and health issues. For the most part though we are not doing it and I am not one to make excuses but a lot of that has to do with our fast paced life and for us not being able to cope up with our health needs. Our body is a very efficient machine and I feel is probably the best machine out there so to speak. However it will only be able to do this consistently if we make sure it gets a steady stream of essential nutrients.

We all know about vitamins and what benefits it brings and other substance that might help with improving our health but we seldom hear about essential minerals and I for one never really looked at it this way before so I guess it is high time for all of us to know what minerals we may need to focus on depending on the current state of our health.

Essential Minerals

A number of scientific researches have confirmed that in addition to vitamins our body is in need of several essential minerals as well to keep proper function.

Calcium is at the top of the list as it is able to help with so much in our body because first of all it is able to take good care of our bones’ density and maintaining its heath, without it our skeletal system will be weak and will not be able to function properly.

Magnesium is found primarily in muscle tissues and in soft tissues in the bone and also play a primary role in so many enzyme processes.

Iron is also one of the most essential to our body. It is a constituent of blood and muscle and it also acts as an oxygen transport and it is usually used to replenish blood levels lost during menstruation.

Manganese is a mineral which has been known to be responsible for growth and reproduction of bone formation. One of its primary functions as well is to help with energy in the body as it plays an integral role in the metabolism of carbohydrates.

Potassium is able to help with important nerve functions. It aids with better muscle contractions and also prevents the muscle tissues from cramping. It also has been shown to be able to aid in the regulation of blood pressure and keep it at a normal level.

Selenium is the kind of mineral that have been linked to antioxidant properties and with this there have been claims of cancer prevention and cardiovascular diseases. Some studies even have gone as far as suggesting that selenium can be taken to help prevent certain cancers. It also plays a hand in processing fats in the body.

Zinc is a mineral that has proven it essentiality through wound healing. It also has shown to have the ability to increase immune system responses.

Support a healthy body with a good multi-mineral supplement!

Guarantee: VitaNet® LLC Offers a 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!

VitaNet ® LLC. Discount Vitamin Store.
VitaNet ®, LLC, Vitamin Store, Go Back To Home Page