- 100% Whole Grain
- Certified Organic
- Good Source Of Fiber and Protein
- Grown In T he USA
- Non-GMO / Vegan
- Nutty, slightly Sweet Flavor With a Delicious Hint Of Smokiness
- Young, Green Wheat Roasted To Perfection
- UPC: 733739062840
|Freekeh, Organic - 16 oz. |
Manufacturer SKU: 733739062840
Good Source of Fiber and Protein
100% Whole Grain
Grown in the USA
What do you get when you take young, green wheat loaded with nutrients and roast it to perfection? Something Freekeh! Cracked Freekeh (pronounced freek-ah) has more fiber than almost any other grain and is also a good source of protein. It has a low glycemic rating, is suitable for vegetarians, and its high fiber content promotes satiety.
NOW Real Food® Organic Freekeh has a nutty, slightly sweet flavor with a delicious hint of smokiness. Freekeh is extremely versatile and is often used in place of rice and quinoa in many recipes. Cracked Freekeh cooks relatively quickly with a chewy texture similar to barley. Use it in salads, soups, cereals, stuffings, bread, and so much more!
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (43 g)
Servings Per Container: about 11
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories from Fat 5
Total Fat 0.5 g 1%
Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 0 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 31 g 10%
Dietary Fiber 5 g 20%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 6 g 12%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
Ingredients: Organic Freekeh (non-GMO) (derived from wheat).
1) Place 1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Freekeh and 2½ cups water in sauce pan on medium-high heat.
2) Allow for mixture to come to a boil then cover and place on low heat.
3) Cook Freekeh for 20-25 minutes or until the water has evaporated.
4) Allow Freekeh to cool for 5 minutes and serve.
Because you are what you eat, NOW Real Food® has been committed to providing delicious, healthy, natural foods since 1968. We’re independent, family owned, and proud of it. Keep it natural. Keep it real.
Certified Organic by QAI.
Helpful Customer Reviews
- Red Yeast Rice
- Actipet Pet supplements
- Sunny Greens
- Thompson nutritional
- Veg Life Vegan Line
- Premier One Royal Jelly & Bee Pollen
- Shop by Brands