Search Term: " Serene "
3 matching the search criteria.
STEVIA – BETTER THAN SUGAR
July 29, 2015 05:11 PM
Author: Darrell Miller
Subject: STEVIA – BETTER THAN SUGAR
Stevia is a natural sweetener that originates in South America – Paraguay and Brazil, mostly – with no calories and is remarkably much sweeter than sugar. The stevia plant Stevia Rebaudiana derives its sweetness from steviol glycocides. The extract is then processed for sale in the form of Truvia and PureVia around North America. It is not yet approved as an additive due to possible side effects of male infertility and genetic mutations.
Benefits of Stevia over Sugar
- Efficient. Stevia is very potent as a sweetener and contains multiple times the sweetness of sugar. This means less of it is required to have a similar effect on intake. The leaf itself can stay up to five years, so it is a worthy investment as a plant. It saves money and allows for multiple use of a very small quantity.
- Low Calorie Count. Stevia has been a revelation for health freaks around the country. It has no calories, affects neither insulin nor blood sugar levels and does not contribute to dental cavities. It is thus a healthier and cleaner way to indulge your sweet tooth. This is a great tool to combat the rising obese statistics and keep folks in better nick.
- Suppresses Craving. Stevia does not spike your thirst for a sugar spree as much as aspartame and sucralose products. The common helplessness to sugar products once tasted leading to wanting more can be combated with stevia. As opposed to other sweeteners bringing about dizziness, headaches and rashes, stevia is a Serene product that will not enslave you to sugar and enable you to keep it natural.
- Teeth Saver. Stevia acts as a polyol would in that dental bacteria from sugar consumption cannot ferment it thus preventing tooth decay and plaque. Erythritol, Maltitol and Solbitol are in most gums and toothpastes as sugar alcohols, but have a lot of calories and can affect diabetics due to their high glycemic index. Stevia does the same job but with no calories and poses no threat to diabetics.
- Safe for Diabetics. The glycemic index is a measure of how much sugar, carbohydrates contain and the energy used to break them down. The higher the glycemic index, the more unsafe, it is for diabetics. Apples, French fries and table salt all have indices above 30 so to keep your food palatable and your diabetes in check, use the zero rated stevia.
- Combats Hypertension and Candidiadis. The South Americans have used stevia for long periods to combat rising blood sugar levels, obesity and fatty liver, but it is only proven to lower the blood pressure of hypertension patients.
The yeast we hear about being in our bodies is called Candida albicans and it can ferment sugar in the body, causing the candidiasis infection with treatment involving cutting sugar out of your diet. Stevia does not react with the yeast and can also keep your food sweet.
Stevia is a safer and healthier option to sugar. It is natural and sweeter than sugar making it a great option to combat obesity and sugar level problems the world is constantly facing.
Wake up! This is National Sleep Awareness Week!
March 28, 2006 04:51 PM
Author: Darrell Miller
Subject: Wake up! This is National Sleep Awareness Week!
We live in stressful times. Maybe that’s why more than 70 million Americans suffer from occasional sleeplessness, according to the National Institutes of health. Job related worries, marital and relation ship problems, even excitement about happy occasions—vacations or holidays—can all make it hard to fall asleep. Sleeplessness can also occur with jet lag, shift work, major schedule changes, even digestive problems.
Just turn on the TV and it’s obvious there are millions of customers looking for products to help them get a good nights sleep. And Source Naturals has an array of natural, effective sleep support supplements.
NightRest: This bio-aligned formula combines the powerful properties of melatonin and GABA with additional amino acids and herbs.
Melatonin: A neurohormone used as a restorative for occational sleeplessness.
Nutrasleep: a Unique herbal-nutrient blend, including skullcap, passion flower, valerian and chamomile.
Theanine Serene: Features L-Theanine, derived from Green tea, Plus Gaba, Taurine, magnesium, and holy basil.
GABA: the chief inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain, associated with mental states of calm and serenity.
L-Tryptophan: an essential amino acid, which helps support relaxation, restful sleep, and a positive outlook.
5-Htp: An intermediate to the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin, shown in clinical studies to support normal sleep cycles.
Theanine Serene™ with Relora® - to ease tension, improve relaxation
July 07, 2005 03:52 PM
Author: Darrell Miller
Subject: Theanine Serene™ with Relora® - to ease tension, improve relaxation
NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT
Theanine Serene™ with Relora®
New and Improved!
? Now contains holy basil, the primary botanical used in India to promote centered calmness and reduce the negative effects of stress; may act by lowering cortisol production. ? L-Theanine is a unique amino acid found in green tea, which promotes relaxed alertness and calm focus, and supports relaxing brain wave activity. ? Also features the amino acid taurine to ease tension, the calming neurotransmitter GABA, and the mineral magnesium, which supports muscle and nerve relaxation. ? Relora®, a proprietary herbal blend, is added to gently soothe away tension. ? Coming soon: new and improved THEANINE Serene™ WITHOUT RELORA®.
2 tablets contain:
Magnesium (as magnesium chelate) 300 mg
GABA 500 mg
Taurine 450 mg
L-Theanine 200 mg
Relora® (a proprietary blend of patent pending plant extracts
from Phellodendron amutense and Magnolia officinalis) 150 mg
Holy Basil Leaf Extract 5:1 100 mg
Relora is a registered trademark of Next Pharmaceuticals.
Suggested Use: 2 tablets daily, or as recommended by your health care professional.
Solaray - Ultimate Nutrition - Actipet Pet supplements - Action Labs - Sunny Greens - Thompson nutritional - Natural Sport - Veg Life Vegan Line - Premier One - NaturalMax - Kal