|What Is The Health Benefits Of L-Theanine? |
L-theanine is a type of amino acid which is used to control the central nervous system of the human body. It is not synthesized in our body naturally and hence it can be taken through the daily dietary supplements. It is commonly known as Glutamic acid.
Foods Rich in L-theanine:
L-theanine is present in our daily diet foods and such foods are listed below:
- 1) It is rich in green tea plant which is scientifically known as 'Camellia sinensis'. As per the latest 'Nutritional Nueroscience' Study report 200 ml of Green tea serves 60 mg of L-theanine to the body.
- 2) Bolete Mushrooms are natural source of L-theanine.
- 3) Oats, Spinach and Whole Grains.
- 4) Apple, Bananas and Chicken.
- 5) Potatoes, Brown Rice and Dark Chocolate.
- 6) Also found in the Black tea.
Health Benefits of L-theanine:
By consuming L-theanine rich foods, we can maintain our body more healthy. The health benefits of L-theanine are listed below,
- 1) The green tea plant leaves are rich in flavonoids and hence is used as antioxidant.
- 2) It is an anti-aeging agent.
- 3) It helps in the Treatment of Cancer.
- 4) It increases the Metabolic rates in the body.
- 5) By controlling insulin level in the body, it moderates the blood sugar levels.
- 6) It boosts up the brain waves activity and creates the 'Alertness'.
- 7) It burns the excessive lipids(fats) in the body which results in weight loss.
- 8) It is also used as a calming agent of the human brain by controlling the Butyric acid present in the central nervous system.
- 9) It avoids the feeling of giddiness and drowsiness.
- 10) It improves the Immune System of our body.
Calming Effects on the Human Brain:
The regular intake of L-theanine in the diet increases the production of the Gamma Aminobutyric acid which is commonly known as the GABA. GABA lowers the stress level and boosts up the alpha wave activity of the brain.