|Black Tea Darjeeling Organic by Celebration Herbals |
This complex, full-bodied tea brews to a rich, dark colour and has a wonderful fruity/grapey taste and aroma reminiscent of muscat grapes. Overall, this tea starts smooth and finishes clean. Perfect for any time of day, this “champagne of teas” is best taken without milk or sugar so all its subtle complexness can be appreciated.
Organic Darjeeling Black Tea (Camellia sinensis)
Darjeeling tea was introduced some 150 years ago when a British civil engineer, who was stationed in India, experimented with planting tea bushes in his garden. He was so successful that the government began planting tea gardens in the surrounding area.
Today, Darjeeling is recognized as being one of the great tea regions of the world. Teas from this area are known to have a unique muscatel flavour because of the unique geographical location, elevation, and associated weather patterns of the region they are grown in. With a fine and delicate flavour surpassing all other teas, Darjeeling tea has acquired a reputation as the “Champagne of Teas.”
The art of tea has evolved to include many rites and rituals; here are just a few that can affect the taste of your tea:
• Using good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using good quality spring, mineral, or filtered water.
• Rinse your teapot and cup with hot water immediately before brewing your tea. By keeping the water temperature high while steeping, more of the subtle aspects of your tea will be extracted from the tea leaves. Also, your tea will brew more quickly and stay hot longer.
• Water temperature is critical. For this tea, we recommend heating your water until it is vigorously boiling, then letting it cool slightly before pouring over the teabag(s).
• Use one teabag per cup of tea desired. Pour hot water over teabags, cover and steep, peeking & stirring occasionally. Optimal brewing time is up to 1½ minutes.
• As a tea cools, you will notice that its taste changes dramatically. Be sure to experiment and you may find more character in a specific tea than you ever imagined.
We do not use artificial flavorings, preservatives, or sweeteners of any kind.