Sheep Sorrel Herb Organic - 40 gm
by Celebration Herbals
- Our Price:
- More Details
- Caffeine Free
- Herbal tea
- USDA organic
|Celebration Herbals Sheep Sorrel Herb Organic 40 grams|
Sheep sorrel grows on acidic soil in southern Canada and northern U.S.A. It is distinguished from garden sorrel, its cousin, by a very lemony and slightly sour taste. The young leaves of sheep sorrel are used in place of garden greens and can also be used in soups and stews. Sheep sorrel always makes a refreshing drink in a glass of ice cold water or a cup of relaxing tea.
Sheep sorrel has been made famous by Rene Caisse. Her herbal formula originated from the Algonquin Ojibwe Indians. This herb is used in combination with burdock root, rubarb root and slippery elm bark to form the recipe for "C Blend." Try this distinguished formula!
With this bulk package you can create a vast array of home remedies including tinctures, capsules, poultices, salves and, of course, herbal tea.
To get the most medicinal benefit, use this method of brewing. It's known as the decoction method.
• Good water is an essential part of brewing great tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
• Combine desired amount of herbs with good water in a stainless steel or glass pot.
• Heat mixture until it is vigorously boiling, then cover and let simmer 10 to 20 minutes.
• When the tea has steeped long enough, strain off the herbs using a tea strainer or coffee filter and enjoy. Extra tea can be kept in a covered glass jar for a few days in the refrigerator.
• Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
No flavourings, preservatives or sweeteners of any kind.
100% Organic Sheep Sorrel (Rumex acetosella)
These herbs are cultivated by producers with a certified audit trail which validates the absence of chemicals from cultivation to packaging. Third party certification is always on file.
Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing. Keep out of reach of children.