Why Is DDS Acidophilus A Better Form Of Friendly Bacteria?
|Why Is DDS Acidophilus A Better Form Of Friendly Bacteria?||Darrell Miller||04/03/12|
April 03, 2012 10:34 PM
Author: Darrell Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Subject: Why Is DDS Acidophilus A Better Form Of Friendly Bacteria?
Every day, there is constant battle going on between the healthy bacteria who try to create a healthy environment in the digestive tract and the bad bacteria who try to establish dominance. Along with healthy, beneficial bacteria, your gastro-intestinal tract is susceptible to many harmful bacteria that can enter the body through food and water. And if these bad bacteria keep on multiplying unchecked, they create a bacterial imbalance that can affect your digestive health and lead to problems such as bloating, gas pain, constipation, belching or diarrhea. These harmful bacteria cannot be completely eliminated from the digestive system, but healthy bacteria can be added to the environment of your digestive tract that can counteract the action of bad bacteria. These healthy bacteria also known as probiotics give relief from many types of digestive discomfort, defend your GI tract from free radicals and thus support your immune system function.
Many Bacterial Strains
There are many strains of healthy bacteria such as lactobacillus DDS, lactobacillus fermentum, Bifidobacteria bifidum etc. which boost your digestive health. DDS Acdiophilus is by far the most popular strain commonly used due to its multiple benefits in promoting the digestive health. Researched by Metchnikoff and Dr. Shahani's, L. acidophilus DDS is grown and produced under specific conditions and has properties of great significance for digestion and nutrition as well as other physiological conditions like health and prophylaxis. Till now, this strain is well studied to find its beneficial role in achieving optimal digestive health. It works as a prophylactic, nutrient and antibiotic.
Beneficial Properties Of DDS
The beneficial properties of DDS acidophilus, based on proper research and documentation are:
1. Lactobacillus DDS helps in production of enzymes such as proteases and lipases which help in digestion of proteins and fats.
2. It helps in production vitamin B (and folic acid), which plays the role of biocatalyst in digestion of food.
3. DDS acidophilus produces natural antibiotics such as acidophilin that protect digestive gut from harmful bacteria.
4. It helps in maintaining the integrity of intestinal walls so that maximum absorption of nutrients can occur.
5. It aids digestion and helps you prevent digestion related problems. Lacyobacillus DDS inhibits the growth of toxic producing microorganism in the body, such as yeast and hence inhibits recurrent yeast infections.
6. L. acidophilus DDS helps in alleviating the symptoms of lactose
7. Intolerance by producing large quantities of lactase enzyme, which help in digestion of milk based products.
8. Studies have shown that DDS acidophilus contain antitumor and anti-carcinogenic properties.
9. Due to their antibiotic properties, lactobacillus inhibits several gastrointestinal and uropathogens, thereby preventing many urinary, digestive and vaginal infections.
It helps in metabolism of calcium and reduction of serum cholesterol levels. Hence lactobacillus supplementation helps in preventing as well as curing osteoporosis.
The benefits of DDS acidophilus are not only limited to digestive system but this exceptionally powerful strain of probiotic bacteria helps in supporting your immune system, energy levels and overall well-being. Lactobacillus is widely researched than any other strain of healthy bacteria that promote optimal digestion.
DDS acidophilus strain is available in supplement form that can be taken to enhance digestive health.