Can A B-Complex Restore Your Adrenal Glands?
|VITAMIN B COMPLEX AND ITS HEALTH BENEFITS||Darrell Miller||12/27/12|
December 27, 2012 11:52 AM
Author: Darrell Miller (email@example.com)
Subject: VITAMIN B COMPLEX AND ITS HEALTH BENEFITS
Vitamin B complex is food a supplement that is soluble in water and fundamental in growth, development and cell metabolism. B complex is a group of the B vitamin compounds including thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, B12 (cobalamins), biotin (B7) and folic acid (B9). The distinction of the B complex into numbers arose because initially it was thought to be a single nutrient existing in specific food types only but further research discovered the existence of different compounds in the nutrient. All compounds of the B complex have distinct structures and perform different roles in the body. They play an important role in enzyme activities more so in chemical reactions that lead to production of energy in the body. They are mostly found in plant and animal food sources and also as supplement tablets.
Vitamin B compounds have numerous health benefits each one with a different function.
- Vitamins B1 and B2 aid in the proper functioning of the nerves, muscles and heart. B1 boosts the immune system giving the body strength during times of stress through energy production.
- B3 is important in the regulation of the digestive and nervous systems.
- Pantothenic acid and cobalamins aid in normal growth and while B7 and folic acid are important in hormone production and DNA maintenance respectively.
The different individual health benefits of the compounds are as follows:
- · Prevention of kidney diseases especially in individuals with type 2 diabetes
- · Prevention of migraines
- · Lowering of body cholesterol levels
- · Protection against heart diseases and alleviation of nausea especially during pregnancy
- · B9 specifically helps in prevention of different types of cancer such as breast cancer, pancreatic cancer and colorectal cancer and reduction in the risk of occurrence of birth defects in unborn babies
- · Research has also show that B12 lowers cervical cancer in women.
It is due to these benefits that medical practitioners encourage use of diets rich in vitamin b compounds or intake of the compounds in dietary supplement form as tablets