SearchBox:

BackRefresh

Ever wondered if sugar makes you hyper?

old message Ever wondered if sugar makes you hyper? Darrell Miller 12/09/16

PreviousNext

Date: December 09, 2016 12:59 PM
Author:
Subject: Ever wondered if sugar makes you hyper?

Many parents think sugar makes kids hyper. No one, not the kids, the parents or the doctors knows which kids got which diet. A special code is used so the results can be evaluated after the study is completed. If sugar doesn't make kids hyper, why do parents believe it does? If kids eat too much sugar, they may reject healthful foods as not being sweet enough. As a result, you may not be aware of how much sugar is in your diet. Many popular brands of yogurt contain 20 grams or more of added sugar.

Key Takeaways:

• Lots of scientific studies have been done to answer the question, and they have all reported the same thing: Sugar does not make kids overactive.
  • Doctors take a bunch of kids who are similar in age, background and other factors.
  • Sugar tastes good but has no nutritional value. That means it doesn't help you grow or stay healthy. Too much sugar can change the way you think food should taste.

"I love goofing around with my patients. I often start visits with younger kids by asking for a foot rub. I do this to make visits more fun (and less scary) and to give my patients "permission" to act silly."

Reference:

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=//www.omaha.com/livewellnebraska/nutrition/ever-wondered-if-sugar-makes-you-hyper/article_9e8b149e-b0d5-11e6-afc1-8f2ba5929ca0.html&ct=ga&cd=CAIyGjY3NzEzYzg1MjE0ZjUwYzU6Y29tOmVuOlVT&usg=AFQjCNHyI8hOkbxO4KyRTEnx-J3Fy9jNkg

VitaNet ® LLC. Discount Vitamin Store.
VitaNet ®, LLC, Vitamin Store, Go Back To Home Page
--->