SearchBox:

BackRefresh

Is Fermented Tea Making People Feel Enlightened Because of ... Alcohol?

old message Is Fermented Tea Making People Feel Enlightened Because of ... Alcohol? Darrell Miller 12/14/16

PreviousNext

Date: December 14, 2016 04:59 PM
Author:
Subject: Is Fermented Tea Making People Feel Enlightened Because of ... Alcohol?

One of the biggest campaigns of the 21st century has been to show people that not all bacteria are bad. There is a delicate balance of bacteria that must be maintained in our bodies in order to function properly. Many medical conditions, especially in the gut, start because we do not have the right balance of microbes. With this push for healthy microbes has come a resurgence of a drink that was popular over 200 years ago. It is called kombucha, which is a sugar-sweetened tea that ferments with yeast and microbes. Many claim it to be a wonder-drink.

Key Takeaways:

• The cover could be you and Gwyneth surrounded by honey and dirt, applying probiotic ointments, eating kimchi and smile-laughing over a cauldron of home-brewed kombucha.
  • Last month, PepsiCo acquired the small kombucha company Kevita for around $200 million. At least in that way, the drink is functional.
  • All of this I know, and yet I buy kombucha occasionally, because I started to like the flavor, which is sometimes worth the financial regret.

"That idea has brought the centuries-old drink roaring into upper-middle class consciousness at $5 per bottle in New York bodegas."

Reference:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/12/the-promises-of-kombucha/509786/?utm_source=feed

VitaNet ® LLC. Discount Vitamin Store.
VitaNet ®, LLC, Vitamin Store, Go Back To Home Page