SearchBox:

BackRefresh

How Do I Know If I Have a Vitamin B12 Deficiency?

old message How Do I Know If I Have a Vitamin B12 Deficiency? Darrell Miller 05/08/17

PreviousNext

Date: May 08, 2017 11:59 AM
Author:
Subject: How Do I Know If I Have a Vitamin B12 Deficiency?

There are specific symptoms one might experience if they are low on vitamin b12. One such symptom is a numbness or tingling sensation in the extremities, also known as peripheral neuropathy. This happens when someone is low on B12 in that the insulation on one's nerves, called myelin, wears thin and basically short circuits, causing pain and a burning sensation. This condition is seen commonly in diabetics who take the medication metformin, also known as Glucophage. Metformin blocks the absorption in the stomach of B12. Other symptoms include fatigue, memory issues, and depression.

Key Takeaways:

• Since Vitamin B12 is not produced naturally in our body it is a very common deficiency.
  • Eating fish and poultry are great ways to increase your Vitamin B12 levels.
  • Lack of Vitamin B12 can cause fatigue, anemia, and a shortage of red blood cells in your body.

"As B12 is important for helping to produce red blood cells, anemia and fatigue can commonly happen in the setting of deficiency."

Read more: //www.courierjournal.net/columnists/house_calls/article_0c0f1ee4-2ede-11e7-ad8a-1f61cbbb744d.html

VitaNet ® LLC. Discount Vitamin Store.
VitaNet ®, LLC, Vitamin Store, Go Back To Home Page
--->