SearchBox:

BackRefresh

What Acidophilus Is Good For Babies?

old message What Acidophilus Is Good For Babies? Darrell Miller 10/12/11

PreviousNext

Date: October 12, 2011 01:50 PM
Author:
Subject: What Acidophilus Is Good For Babies?

Overview

We always would like our baby to be as healthy as can be and we always try to find ways to do so and if you are that kind of mom then you probably have noticed probiotics formulas in the drug stores and seeing baby food fortified with them in the grocery stores. The reason why it is there is because it is something that could help with your cause in terms of keeping your baby healthy. But you may think, what are probiotics anyway? These are live bacteria. Now you might think that’s crazy, why would I want to put bacteria into my baby when I try so hard to keep it out of my baby’s system? Well, the thing is, there are good and bad bacteria and more so in this case Acidophilus is even known to be a part of the friendly bacteria family which brings me back to what probiotics are, they are live bacteria that are used for medicinal treatment and in some cases improve health.

Acidophilus

Acidophilus is a type of probiotic which main functions ranges from keeping the intestines clean, improves the complexion and reverses intestinal damage in some cases which are caused by antibiotic treatment. Lactobacillus acidophilus oracidophilus, as it is scientifically known, is much stronger than yogurt which contains a good amount of probiotics as well. One of its main functions in the body is to process Vitamin K and all the B vitamins. It also has the ability to kill almost all the bacteria in the intestines that can cause problems in the future. With this, it is definitely safe to conclude that Acidophilus are friendly bacteria that may provide health benefits for both babies and adults.

Good for babies?

With a better understanding of how Acidophilus works let’s now move on to addressing the concern that if babies are able to take it without any adverse effects to their health. Research has shown that it is absolutely baby friendly and not only that, it has been proven to even be beneficial for infants. Although babies already have probiotics in their system, just like adults they will also develop digestive imbalances as he matures so there could be several reasons why a baby will need some help in acquiring additional amounts of probiotics. The first and most common will be if your baby recently got antibiotic treatments, it will be able to aid in repairing the damage that the medication will inflict on the baby’s intestines.

If the baby was born by caesarian section studies have indicated that their digestive flora might be imbalanced up to when it is six months of age. Also if the baby was born prematurely then there is an obvious need for more helping of probiotics since premature birth causes delayed patterns of gut development. Some researches as well have shown that aside from the benefits mentioned above additional Acidophilus maybe helpful in reducing the incidence of diarrhea and gastroenteritis. It also is able to aid in the prevention of allergic rhinitis and asthma.

Giving your child a small amount of acidophilus daily can help the digestive tract and improve baby health and wellness.

Guarantee: VitaNet® LLC Offers a 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!

VitaNet ® LLC. Discount Vitamin Store.
VitaNet ®, LLC, Vitamin Store, Go Back To Home Page
--->