- Blood cleanser
- Boost milk production in nursing mothers.
- Good for circulation.
- Heals the liver.
- May reduce inflammation and strengthen the heart
- Stimulates digestion.
- UPC: 076280001907
Product Is Available!
What Does Blessed Thistle Do For You?
Blessed thistle is not the same as milk thistle, but is also known as holy thistle and St. Benedicts thistle. If you are a nursing mother it can improve the flow of milk, and this property is supported by the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation when it is used together with fenugreek. It also improves the flow of urine and is a diuretic.
Blessed thistle is also believed to possess anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties, and to improve your mental function. Like most natural remedies, these properties of blessed thistle have not been sufficiently researched for definitive claims to be made. Nevertheless, it has a history of use for these and other health benefits that will likely be proved sometime in the future, just like the vast majority of other traditional remedies.
It's worth taking if you want protection against inflammation and perhaps some cancers, or if your milk flow is drying up, but your child refuses to believe it!The Constituents of Blessed Thistle
Blessed thistle has a traditional use as an antiseptic and antibiotic for treating boils, wounds and other suppurating conditions, although its properties have yet to be proved scientifically. It is also a diuretic, anti-inflammatory and is used for indigestion, diarrhea and for its cytotoxic effect against cancer cells. Like any natural remedy, the properties of which are not officially accepted due to a lack of clinical proof (AKA being largely untested), the properties claimed after centuries of use can generally be theoretically confirmed by an investigation of its phytochemical constituents.
The constituents of blessed thistle include sesquiterpene lactone glycosides, triterpenes, lignans, flavonoids and tannins. These are antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, while the polyacetylenes, essential oils and cnicin it contains are known antibiotics. Cnicin is anti-inflammatory, and the bitter flavonoids have been shown to strengthen cell walls of arteries, veins and capillaries, and therefore improve blood circulation.
The science demonstrates the viability of blessed thistle as meeting most of the claims made for it. All that is needed is clinical proof on human subjects, and while we wait for that we may as well take it as a supplement as the long-lived Mediterranean cultures have being doing for centuries!
Helpful Customer Reviews
- Red Yeast Rice
- Actipet Pet supplements
- Sunny Greens
- Thompson nutritional
- Veg Life Vegan Line
- Premier One Royal Jelly & Bee Pollen
- Shop by Brands
Find more Solaray Blessed Thistle
Blessed Thistle 100ct 340mg
$11.19$6.04 (46% Discount)
Blessed Thistle Extract 1 fl oz
$11.99$7.79 (35% Discount)
Blessed Thistle 100 caps
$16.19$10.20 (37% Discount)
Blessed Thistle 100 caps
$10.49$6.61 (37% Discount)
Blessed Thistle Organic 24 bag
$5.97$5.07 (15% Discount)
.. Find More similar vitamins ..
- alpha GPC -- Glycerylphosphorylcholine * Supports Cognitive Function
- NKO - Protection for a Healthy Heart, Joints and Other Body Systems.
- Essential Fatty Acids and Phospholipids
- Go Green - green foods may be the SWAT team that sets you free...
- Astra 8 - Boost immune system your primary defense against colds...
- Red Marine Algae - Fight Herpies....
- Promilin Fenugreek Extract - Supports Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
- L-ARGININE - For Increased Circulation
- What is cat’s claw?
- STANDARDIZED CAT’S CLAW
- L-Carnitine L-Tartrate Inhibits Gestational Diabetes
- Cayenne pepper is a very hot ground spice
- Arginine for Happy heart and Arteries
- The healing power of borage oil
- Evening Primrose Oil: The Kings Cure-All
- Echinacea Exceptional - Planetary Formulas
- Full Spectrum™ Dong Quai - Planetary Formulas
- Full Spectrum™ Silymarin - Planetary Formulas
- Another Good Reason to Breastfeed
- Hidden Factors that Destroy our Friendly Flora...
- Whats the Difference between omega-3 and omega-6?
- Botanical Support for Men’s Health