What Health Benefits Can Alfalfa Provide?
|What Health Benefits Can Alfalfa Provide?||Darrell Miller||11/13/13|
November 13, 2013 01:05 PM
Author: Darrell Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Subject: What Health Benefits Can Alfalfa Provide?
Alfalfa plant commonly used in Asia and India, Alfalfa is an amazing plant that is packed with tons of essential vitamins and nutrients such as vitamin A, D, E and K. C. Millions of people consume alfalfa on a daily basis to take advantages of all the health benefits that it provides. Here are of the most prominent health benefits of alfalfa.
- Removes toxins built up in the body - Alfalfa is considered to have detoxification properties, which means by consuming this plant you are helping to remove some of the toxins and chemicals that built up in your body from the foods that you eat and the air that you breathe - this will boost your energy as well as your overall well-being.
- Prevents cancer - There is a amino acid in the alfalfa plant called canavanine that has been proved to help reduce ones risk of caner, specially of the colon.
- Holds diuretic properties - The alfalfa plant is considered to be diuretic properties therefore, it helps to prevent a a variety of kidney disorders, water retention and the occurrence of urinary tact infections.
- High in Vitamin K - The fact that alfalfa is so abundant in vitamin K means that it is extremely helpful for those who are suffering from slow clotting blood.
- Controls Blood Cholesterol - Not only does alfalfa remove bad cholesterol from the body but it also helps to prevent cholesterol levels from reaching high levels that can harm the body which helps to reduce the risks of heart disease.
- Helps Treat Digestive Problems - All kinds of digestive problems such as constipation, nausea, indigestion, stomach ulcers and even gastritis can be treated with the alfalfa plant. It even helps to increase ones appetite.
- Relieves Asthma - Those who suffer with asthma find a great deal of comfort by the aroma and consumption the alfalfa plant.
As you can see, the health benefits of alfalfa are plentiful. Incorporating this super plant into your diet is a great way to kick your health into high gear.