What are the Health Benefits of Spirulina?
|What are the Health Benefits of Spirulina?||Darrell Miller||11/28/13|
November 28, 2013 04:17 PM
Author: Darrell Miller (email@example.com)
Subject: What are the Health Benefits of Spirulina?
Whaty is Spirulina
Spirulina is one of the most nutritious food on the planet. It tastes and smells like seaweed. It's packed with nutritious vitamins and minerals which make it considered as one of the super foods available to humans.Here are some of the health benefits of Spirulina
1. High in antioxidants - Some of the antioxidants found in Spirulina are carotenoids, selenium, vitamin E and phenolic acid.
2. Boosts immune system - Sprirulina helps our body to produce more monocytes and macrophages that kills bad cells and pathogens.
3. Rich in beta carotene - It has ten times richer beta carotene than carrots.
4. Remove toxins in our body - It is rich in phytonutrients like polysaccharides, phycocianin and chlorophyll that cleanse our bodies from the toxic chemicals found in drugs, food, water and air.
5. Allergy treatment - Studies show that it can treat allergic rhinitis and some of its' symptoms like sneezing, nasal discharge, itching and congestion.
6. Cardiovascular Disease - It can reduce the level of bad cholesterol in our body. It prevents hypertension and stroke.
7. Cancer - It removes free radicals and fights cellular degeneration.
8. Diabetes - In a recent study, it was found out that after 12 weeks of taking spirulina, there was a significant drop in blood-fat levels.
9. Aids in digestion - It restrains bad bacteria like candida yeast and e-coli and boosts the healthy level of bifidobacteria and lactobacillus.
10. Prevents nutritional disease - Such as anemia or iron deficiency. It is rich in iron which is easier to absorb by our body than other iron supplements.
Did you know that Japan is the largest consumer as well as the largest producer of Spirulina? Maybe this is also one of the reasons why Japanese looks 10 years younger than their current age and their life expectancy is 82 which makes them the second country to have the longest life expectancy in the world.
- //altmedicine.about.com/od/completeazindex/a/spirulina.htm //www.naturalnews.com/041615_spirulina_nutritional_supplements_health_benefits.html