Meadowsweet Herb:Its History , Where It Grows and Its Health Benefits
|Meadowsweet can be a great pain reliever||Darrell Miller||09/26/16|
September 26, 2016 05:43 PM
Author: Darrell Miller
Subject: Meadowsweet can be a great pain reliever
Meadowsweet herb is used in the treatment of arthritis or anything that causes aches and pains. It is widely nicknamed “Queen of the Meadow”. Its history of use dates back to 1835 when it was discovered by a German chemist that the herb contains salicylic, a pain reliever. The herb grows well in damp meadows. Although it is native throughout Western Asia and Europe, it can now be found growing in North America.
Meadowsweet herb has the following health benefits:
- -It supports optimal digestion
- -Helps in toning and tightening of the lining of the stomach.
- -It is a great pain reliever.
- -It has antimicrobial activity.
- -It fights constipation and stop excessive diarrhea because of its ability to soothe an upset stomach.