Boosts Cellular Energy Production
|Boosts Cellular Energy Production||Darrell Miller||09/03/05|
September 03, 2005 01:44 PM
Author: Darrell Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Subject: Boosts Cellular Energy Production
Boosts Cellular Energy Production*
Coenzyme Q10 is a vitamin-like nutrient found in the human body. Essential to life, Co Q10 works at the cellular level to produce energy for metabolism in the form of ATP.*1,2 Co Q10 serves as a vital link in the "electron transport chain," which is the final step in the production of ATP in the mitochondria of cells.
Without an adequate supply of Co Q10, cells can become energy-deficient, slowing down a number of critical cellular processes. When cells are nourished with optimal levels of Co Q10, tissues, organs and systems function properly.
• Strengthens and Protects the Heart*
The heart is the hardest working muscle in the body. Because of its high energy requirements, the heart needs Co Q10 at all times. The highest concentration of Co Q10 in the human body occurs in heart muscle tissue. Numerous clinical studies have demonstrated significant improvements in heart function with oral administration of Co Q10.3,4,5 Studies are increasingly showing an ability of Co Q10 to improve energy production in heart cell mitochondria by bypassing defective components in the respiratory chain, as well as to protect heart tissue from the effects of chronic oxidative stress.14
• Supports Immune Function*
When the immune system goes into battle for us, immune cells need large amounts of energy to carry out their defensive functions. Co Q10 is required for this energy to be available. Experimental research on animals has shown that Co Q10 enhances immune functions such as the activity of phagocytes, and antibody production.6
• Antioxidant protection*
Co Q10 is a versatile antioxidant.* The reduced form of Co Q10, ubiquinol-10, has been found to protect LDL against peroxidation by free radicals more effectively than vitamin E.* Co Q10 stabilizes membranes,* thus protecting them from free radical damage.7,8,9 In addition, studies have shown that CoQ10’s potent free radical scavenging properties extend to brain tissue, where CoQ10 may protect neurons from the ravages of oxidative damage.13 Along with conferring protection to heart and brain tissues, CoQ10 has also been shown to enhance the levels of other antioxidant vitamins in the circulation, such as vitamins, A, C and E.13
• Benefits the Gums*
A number of studies have shown that Co Q10 supports repair of gingival (gum) tissue. Gingival tissues in people with periodontal disease have been found deficient in Co Q10. In several double-blind clinical trials, oral administration of Co Q10 has resulted in significant improvements.10,11
• Co Q10 – Vitamin E's Partner
In vitro studies suggest Co Q10 in combination with vitamin E protects LDL cholesterol from oxidation more effectively than vitamin E alone. Protecting LDL from being oxidized by free radicals is a major factor in maintaining cardiovascular health.9,12
• Diverse clinical benefits*
A number of research studies and clinical reports suggest a broad range of potential benefits from Co Q10 supplementation, stemming from its ability to support the heart and cardiovascular system, the immune system, cellular energy production, liver function, nerves, and muscles. *
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Scientific References 1. Folkers, K., Wolaniuk, A. Progress in biomedical and clinical research on coenzyme Q10. Drugs Exptl. Clin. Res. 1984; X(7):513-517.
2. Lenaz, G., et. al. The essentially of coenzyme Q for bioenergetics and clinical medicine. Drugs Exptl. Clin. Res. 1985; XI(8):547-556. 3. Morisco, C., Trimarco, B. Condorelli, M., Effect of coenzyme Q10 therapy in patients with congestive heart failure: a long-term multicenter randomized study. Clin Investig 1993; 71:S134-S136.
4. Mortensen, S.A., Vadhanavikit, S., Muratsu, K., Folkers, K. Coenzyme Q10: clinical benefits with biochemical correlates suggesting a scientific breakthrough in the management of chronic heart failure. Int. J. Tiss Reac. 1990; XII(3):155-62.
5. Poggesi, L., et. al. Effect of coenzyme Q10 on left ventricular function in patients with dilative cardiomyopathy. Current Therapeutic Research 1991; 49(5):878-886.
6. Folkers, K., Wolaniuk, A. Research on coenzyme Q10 in clinical medicine and in immunomodulation. Drugs Exptl. Clin. Res. 1985; XI(8):539-545.
7. Littarru, G.P., et. al. In vitro effect of different ubiquinones on the scavenging of biologically generated O2. Drugs Exptl. Clin. Res. 1985; XI(8):529-532.
8. Littarru, G.P. Lippa, S. Coenzyme Q and antioxidant activity: facts and perspectives. Drugs Exptl. Clin. Res. 1984; X(7):491-96.
9. Stocker, R., Bowry, V.W., Frei, B., Ubiquinol-10 protects human low density lipoprotein more efficiently against lipid peroxidation than does alpha-tocopherol. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 1991; 88:1646-1650.
10. Hansen, I., Iwamoto, Y., Kishi, T., Folkers, K. Bioenergetics in clinical medicine. IX. Gingival and leucocyte deficiencies of coenzyme Q10 in patients with periodontal disease. Research Communications in Chemical Pathology and Pharmacology 1976; 14:729-738.
11. Wilkinson, E. Arnold, R., Folkers, K. Treatment of Periodontal and Other Soft Tissue Diseases of the Oral Cavity with Coenzyme Q. (in) Biomedical and Clinical Aspects of Coenzyme Q 1977; 1:251-266. K. Folkers and Y. Yamaura, eds., Elsevier Science Publishing Co., N.Y.
12. Thomas, S., Neuzil, J., Stocker, R. Cosupplementation with coenzyme Q prevents the prooxidant effect of alpha-tocopherol and increases the resistance of LDL to transition metal dependant oxidation initiation. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology 1996; 16(5):687-96.
13. Borek, C. Co-Q10 Energizes the Heart and Brain. Nutrition Science News 1999; 4(7): 322-324.
14. Rosenfeldt FL, et al. Coenzyme Q10 protects the aging heart against stress: studies in rats, human tissues, and patients. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002 Apr; 959: 355-9
High Absorption CoQ10 100mg 30VCOur Price: - $ 9.76 ...
High Absorption CoQ10 100mg 60 caps VegetarianOur Price: - $ 16.96 ...