Search Term: " Oleifera "
The Various Health Benefits of Moringa Oleifera
September 20, 2022 11:04 AM
Moringa Oleifera is a tree that is native to India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. For centuries, it has been used as a food source because of its many nutrients. It is only recently that studies have been done to confirm the health benefits that are attributed to the tree. These benefits are a result of the numerous bioactive components that are naturally occurring in Moringa, including phenolic acids, flavonoids, isothiocyanates, tannins, and saponins.
Some of the potential health benefits of consuming Moringa Oleifera include:
1) Boosts immune system – This is due to the presence of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, Potassium, and Zinc.*
2) Regulates blood sugar levels – This is beneficial for those who suffer from diabetes.*
3) Reduces inflammation – This can help with conditions such as arthritis.*
4) Protects against bacterial infections – This is due to the presence of compounds such as Quercetin and Chlorogenic Acid.*
5) Aids in digestion – This is due to the presence of fiber.*
6) Increases energy levels – This is due to the presence of Vitamin B6.*
7) Improves cognitive function – This is due to the presence of Rutin.*
8) Moisturizes skin – This helps to keep skin looking young and healthy.*
Moringa Oleifera has a multitude of health benefits that have been attributed to its naturally occurring bioactive components. It is important to consume organic moringa leaf in order to reap these benefits. NOW uses only non-GMO organic moringa leaf in their products. By adding this superfood into your diet, you can improve your overall health and well-being.
Moringa : The Next Big Superfood?
April 03, 2019 03:31 PM
Moringa trees are native to India and produce edible, highly nutritious pods, seeds and leaves, while also improving soil and water. Moringa is a hardy plant that can grow in many different climates. Studies suggest that compounds in moringa may help boost heart health and slow the growth of cancer cells. Moringa may also help moderate blood sugar, and is also good for skin and hair. At the very least, moringa — available as a tea, oil or food — is full of vitamins, minerals and calcium.
"While the seeds are often roasted and consumed like nuts, the leaves actually contain more nutrients."
Read more: https://www.longevitylive.com/anti-aging-beauty/moringa-next-big-superfood/
The potential antidiabetic benefits of moringa
November 19, 2018 10:56 AM
Estimates from the World Health Organization place the possible tally of worldwide diabetics at over 400 million. That figure was established almost 5 years ago. Truly, diabetes is on the rise and rightfully considered an epidemic. All of which explains why scientists around the world are always on the lookout for natural, effective, low-cost treatment modalities that afford minimal to no side effects for the user. This is especially crucial because diabetes is a leading cause of blindness and loss of limbs. The most prevalent form, type 2 diabetes, is manageable with diet and drugs, but many drugs come with the cost of potentially dangerous side effects. Moringa, a native of India and a popular Asian vegetable, is gaining buzz as a superfood. One Cambodian study used obese rodent subjects and garnered some compelling evidence that the superfood could be used to benefit diabetics. For example, the mice used, that were also moringa recipients, had lower fasting glucose levels. The moringa recipients also had lower triglyceride levels and lessened renal impairment. Study suggests that moringa protects the human body from oxidative stress, from inflammation, and even from arsenic. It also acts to reduce cholesterol.
"Researchers from different parts of the world are setting their sights on moringa (Moringa Oleifera), a plant native to India and widely cultivated in different parts of Asia, and its potential health benefits, with many being focused on its antidiabetic effects."
Read more: https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-11-11-antidiabetic-benefits-of-moringa.html
Remarkable health benefits of moringa
February 03, 2017 10:59 AM
Moringa is a relatively large tree that is native to North India. It goes by a variety of names, such as drumstick tree, horse radish tree, or ben oil tree. How amazing! Almost all parts of the tree are edible and can be used as ingredients in traditional/herbal medicines. The leaves and pods are commonly eaten in parts of India and Africa. Moringa which is botanically known as Moringa Oleifera, is a popular plant known for its rich antioxidant property and its several bioactive content of plant compounds.
"Ever heard about the mystical miracle plant or the plant referred to as ‘the tree of life’?"
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MORINGA
September 05, 2014 09:30 PM
What is Moringa
Moringa is a plant that is grown mostly in the tropics, and it is known for it's many health benefits. Different parts of the plant; bark, leaves and flowers have all been studied and found to be rich in medicinal and health value. Even though it traditionally originated from the Himalayan parts of India, Moringa is now used all over the world.
Health benefits of Moringa:
1. Prevents cancer and other diseases: It is rich in antioxidants that prevent formation and development of cancer cells. Taking a serving of Moringa daily can provide you with about 46 different types of antioxidants and vitamins that your body needs. The antioxidants are also beneficial in keeping your general body health and boost your immunity so that you are not vulnerable to be attacked by other diseases. People with compromised immunity, like HIV patients can effectively use Moringa to control opportunistic diseases.2. Improves the skin and hair: The many minerals and nutrients in the Moringa plant makes it a good ingredient for skin care products. People with skin conditions like acne, inflammation, and ring worms can benefit by topically applying Moringa oil from the pods to the skin. It also helps to increase hair growth, eliminate dandruff, and give hair a natural shine. Some cosmetic companies are now relying on Moringa as their main ingredient in making beauty products because consumers say it works well.
3. Detoxifies the body: Moringa can be successfully used to detoxify the body without the risk of losing important nutrients. It also helps in speeding up metabolism and digestion. People who are struggling with weight loss can use it as a way to quick start their weight loss journey instead of using diet pills and other harmful products.4. Balances blood sugar: For people suffering from diabetes, consuming Moringa can help you control your insulin levels so that you do not have to entirely depend on injections every time.
5. Boosts energy: Due to the many nutrients Moringa has, it provides the energy needed for daily activities. If you are constantly feeling fatigued and stressed, taking Moringa will put you right back to your feet. People suffering from erectile dysfunction can also benefit from it as it helps in improving circulation of blood, even to the penile region6. Increases the amount of breast milk: This is good news for new mothers who want to exclusively breastfeed their babies without worrying about starving their babies due to insufficient milk production. Due to the fact that Moringa is a natural plant, you do not have to worry about the potential harm it could have on your new born baby.
7. Natural antibiotic: Moringa has antibacterial properties that help with controlling bacterial diseases. If you do not want to use conventional antibiotics, which come with a lot of health risks, then you can opt for Moringa.It is available in many forms, including: Moringa powder, oil, tea, and drinks. You should always ensure that you use it in one of its most natural forms so that you get maximum benefits.
Benefits Of A Super Fruit Juice Blend
March 12, 2013 03:12 PM
We've all heard about super fruits, but not all fruits qualify as a super fruit. Those fruits that are deemed to be "super" aren't necessarily considered to be the best fruits, as a super fruit must be packed with fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and basically all sorts or phyto-nutrients as well. The nutrients that are in super fruits have shown to help you live a much longer and healthier life, as they will prevent all sorts of illnesses. There are many fruits that are so high in sugar, causing them to no longer be the greatest choice when looking in your fruit stand.
Benefits Of A Super Fruit Juice Blend
One of the main benefits to drinking super fruit juice blends would have to be the fact that they store your entire body with all sorts of vitamins and minerals. By simply drinking a super fruit juice once a day, you will be able to detox your body and fasten your metabolism all at the same time. Making a super fruit blend is also very easy and simple as long as you have the right blender or juicer.
Top Super Fruits
To Add In Your Juices
Although there are many types of fruits that are said to be super fruits, it doesn't mean all are really super fruits. Some of the best fruits that are truly "SUPER" are moringa Oleifera, acai, goji, mangosteen, noni, nopal, and maqui juice. All of these fruits are hi in antioxidants, low in sugar, and are also packed with so many nutrients. These super fruits are also considered to help prevent all sorts of conditions like cardiovascular disease, heart disease, diabetes, and so on. When you store your body with the right nutrients, you will certainly be able to live a much healthier life. However, since the fruits are very beneficial to the body on their own, they become a lot more healthier when you combine them together.
Why The Combination Of These Super Fruits Are Highly Beneficial
The main reason why these fruits are best to be combined together is because since they all offer individual benefits, combining them will allow you to attain all their health benefits in a single drink. Super fruits are proven to help reduce the chances of infection, enhance vision, minimize inflammation, lower blood clots, enhance digestion, and regulate bowel system. There have even been claims stating that some of the fruits above can help cure certain cancers and diseases as well.
Plus, some of these fruits contain anti-microbial properties which could help prevent intestinal issues allowing it to reduce cancer.
If you want to receive the right amount of nutrients in your body daily, then you must consider to start drinking a super fruit drink daily. When you start to store your body with all the needed super fruits, you will then start to live a much healthier life. The benefits of super fruits cannot be attained with regular fruits because they don't really offer the same nutrients of a true super fruit.