- UPC: 628240207845
|Celebration Herbals Slippery Elm Bark Powder Wildcraft 65 grams|
Native to North America, Slippery Elm’s inner bark was very popular among both Native Americans and European settlers. They used it to improve the flavour of game, to prevent lard or butter from turning rancid, as a flour extender, and as a jelly thickener. Today, it is also used a main ingredient in throat lozenges due to its ability to absorb up to 10 times its weight in water, forming a gel.
In tea form, Slippery Elm Bark makes a very mild drink and has a sweet aroma with an earthy taste.
With this bulk package you can create a vast array of home remedies including tinctures, capsules, poultices, salves and, of course, herbal tea.
To get the most medicinal benefit, use this method of brewing. It's known as the decoction method.
• Good water is an essential part of brewing great tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
• Combine desired amount of herbs with good water in a stainless steel or glass pot.
• Heat mixture until it is vigorously boiling, then cover and let simmer 10 to 20 minutes.
• When the tea has steeped long enough, strain off the herbs using a tea strainer or coffee filter and enjoy. Extra tea can be kept in a covered glass jar for a few days in the refrigerator.
• Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
No flavourings, preservatives or sweeteners of any kind.
Wildcrafted Slippery Elm Inner Bark Powder (Ulmus rubra)
The above herbs have been harvested from wild (uncultivated) areas and randomly harvested to ensure natural species regeneration.
Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing. Keep out of reach of children.
Helpful Customer Reviews