What Are The Health Benefits Of Neem?
|Neem Health Properties||Darrell Miller||12/19/12|
December 19, 2012 02:53 PM
Author: Darrell Miller (email@example.com)
Subject: Neem Health Properties
Neem is a large tree of the mahogany family Meliaceae and is native to both semi-tropical and tropical regions of Asia. The tree is tall and evergreen with a height ranging from 15 to 20 m. It is effective for treating various ailments to an extent of being referred to as Muarubaini within East Africa, meaning ‘a tree of the forty'; due to its capability of treating 40 diseases. Every part of the neem tree is endowed with a capacity to fight infections.
Here are some health benefits of neem.
It has powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties which make it a first choice in several households, medicinal, cosmetic and agricultural products.
- - The active compounds that exist in its finished products and extracts are useful in preparing the traditional and modern medicines.
- - It is very beneficial to individuals that suffer from different skin conditions such as acne and skin ulcers.
- - Its astringent properties help in the promotion of wound healing in gashes, minor cuts and bruises.
- - A combination of neem oil application and carrier oil treats some hair-related problems such as itchy scalp.
- - Toothpastes plus other products for dental care have neem as one of the ingredients due to its antiseptic properties that keep the gums and teeth healthy.
- - Neem can strengthen the resistance that a person has toward diseases by boosting the immune system.
- - It is used in the preparation of medicines for treatment of different diseases like diabetes and arthritis
- - The herb causes inhibition of the growth of the free radicals which could result in some types of cancer developing within the body.
- - The neem herb gets incorporated within items such as disinfectants.
- - Several products intended for skin care like cosmetics contain neem. It is also very popular in virtually all aromatherapy products which help in the restoration of mental health.