SearchBox:

BackRefresh

My answer to the holiday sugar glut: Pomegranates, and lots of them - Washington Post

old message My answer to the holiday sugar glut: Pomegranates, and lots of them - Washington Post Darrell Miller 12/27/16

PreviousNext

Date: December 27, 2016 12:59 PM
Author:
Subject: My answer to the holiday sugar glut: Pomegranates, and lots of them - Washington Post

Pomegranates offer plenty of nutrients and a provides a good source of antioxidants especially usefully during the holidays’ when children usually indulge with consuming more sugar. Pomegranate seeds can be used in many ways with cooking and uses in recipes such as oatmeal, waffles, yogurts and many other uses to spice ordinary dishes

Key Takeaways:

• Antioxidants prevent oxidative damage caused by sugar, magnesium regulates blood sugar and insulin spikes, and vitamin C boosts immune systems
  • Pomegranate seeds have been shown to fight cancer, improve memory, reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure and reduce heart disease
  • Pomegranate seeds are a super food, providing fiber, B vitamins, potassium, antioxidants, vitamin K, vitamins C and E - an excellent option to counteract the high sugar content in holiday treats.

"Antioxidants prevent oxidative damage caused by sugar, magnesium regulates blood sugar and insulin spikes, and vitamin C boosts my children’s immune systems."

Reference:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/my-answer-to-the-holiday-sugar-glut-pomegranates-and-lots-of-them/2016/12/19/aa5d01ae-c167-11e6-8422-eac61c0ef74d_story.html

VitaNet ® LLC. Discount Vitamin Store.
VitaNet ®, LLC, Vitamin Store, Go Back To Home Page