- Acts as a Laxative, Diuretic, Pain Reliever, and Antispasmodic
- Acts as a Mild Sedative
- Can be used for PMS and V.Dryness
- Supports The Reproductive System
- Used as a Hot Flash Treatment for Menopausal symptoms
- UPC: 076280012354
|What Are The Health Benefits Of Dong Quai? |
Dong Quai also referred to as Chinese angelica or tang kuei has been used for a long time as a medicinal and a culinary herb in oriental cultures. This herb is a member of the celery family and is native to Korea, China and Japan. This herb offers numerous health benefits.
According to a research by The University of Maryland Medical Centre this herb contains ingredients that help stimulate and relax uterus muscles, helps alleviate pain and dilates blood vessels. As a result the Dong Quai helps in relieving the symptoms of painful menstruation, dysmenorrhea and cramps associated to premenstrual disorder. Regular doses of this herb helps in making irregular menstrual cycles regular and also activates menstrual cycles particularly during lack of menstruation and the case of amenorrhea. Dong Quai contains compounds that phyto-estrogens that help relieve menopause symptoms such as virginal dryness, hot flashes and insomnia. It is also claimed to increase sexual desire particularly in women.
Health practitioners believe that Dong Quai contains purifying, stimulating as well as blood strengthening properties and can be used to treat heart diseases. A dose of this herb helps in reducing the blood pressure as well as blood sugar. According to Mayo Clinic Dong Quai helps in nourishment of the blood as well as harmonizing energy in the body. However, it contains anticoagulant property and should not be taken if one is under heparin or warfin medications.
Dong Quai contains ingredients that make it an ideal treatment for inflammations. It has traditionally been used in China to cure rheumatoid arthritis. Natural health practitioners also use Dong Quai to treat kidney, spleen as well as liver disorders. Its components make it an ideal anti-asthmatic or anti-allergy medication. Further research conducted by Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center the herb is helpful in the treatment of cancerous tumors.
As a dietary supplement, take 1 or 2 capsules two times a day with meals or a glass of water.
Helpful Customer Reviews
- Red Yeast Rice
- Actipet Pet supplements
- Sunny Greens
- Thompson nutritional
- Veg Life Vegan Line
- Premier One Royal Jelly & Bee Pollen
- Shop by Brands
Find more Solaray Dong Quai
- CARBO-HYDRATE BLOCKER
- Tomatoes Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before
- Methylsulfonylmethane: Nature’s Source for Dietary Sulfur
- Read more about Red Yeast Rice and Lipid Wellness
- Saw Palmetto Ectract - Man's Best Friend
- Take it to Heart - regain healthy Cholesterol levels ... read more ...
- Cholesterol Conundrum
- Herbs in Perspective
- Vision Quest - the sun can damage your eyes protect...
- New* Improved formula - Cholest-Response Lower Cholesterol
- Tomatoes taste great and offer anti-cancer benefits
- New* - Best Lutein Featuring Biolut Marigold Ext., 60 VC
- Gugulipid: Controlling cholesterol levels
- Zeaxanthin with Lutein - The clearly-seen benefits of advanced eye protection
- Lycopene – for Prostate
- Help maintain a healthy prostate gland.
- Pygeum Africanum for prostate.
- Lutein - The Antiordinary Antioxidant
- Lutein eases blocked blood flow to eyes
- Olive Leaf Extract - for immune support
- Full Spectrum™ Dong Quai - Planetary Formulas
- Saw Palmetto Classic™ - Planetary Formulas
- Astaxanthin Reduces Blood Pressure
- Is helping to ensure a healthy digestive system the only use for probiotics?