SearchBox:

BackRefresh

Read more about Red Yeast Rice and Lipid Wellness

old message Red Yeast Rice For Lipid Wellness Darrell Miller 06/04/05


PreviousNextListen To An Article On Red Yeast Rice For Lipid Wellness

Date: June 04, 2005 02:30 PM
Author:
Subject: Red Yeast Rice For Lipid Wellness

Red Yeast Rice

Maintaining cardiovascular health is a fundamental strategy in the holistic healing system. It may be the most important thing you can do for your body. One of the factors for optimal cardiovascular health is keeping your lipid levels within the normal range. But with today’s fast-paced lifestyle, it’s hard to maintain a healthy diet and exercise program. Red yeast rice is a natural product that supports maintenance of normal lipid levels. Source Naturals RED YEAST RICE is standardized to 1.5% mixed mevinolinic acid monacolins. These monacolins block the synthesis of lipids in the liver by binding to the lipids production enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Support your lipid wellness with the quality and science of Source Naturals RED YEAST RICE.

The Liver and Lipid

The amount of lipid you consume in food is not the most important factor for regulating normal lipid levels. The liver manufactures approximately 80% of total body lipid while the other 20% comes from dietary sources. Our bodies require lipid but we can also get too much of it. Lipid is only harmful to us if it becomes oxidized. Oxidized lipid can cause damage to tissues and accumulate in blood vessels. Balancing the lipid produced by your liver is critical to your total lipid and your cardiovascular health.

Red Yeast Rice

Red yeast rice has been used in China for centuries to make rice wine, to color and flavor foods such as Peking duck and as a health promoting food. It is prepared by fermenting a type of yeast (Monascus purpureus) over rice. Red yeast rice is a complex product that contains several active ingredients including monacolins. Monacolins act as HMG-CoA inhibitors. HMG-CoA reductase is an enzyme that helps make lipid. By blocking its lipid producing action, the natural compounds in red yeast rice can help you maintain lipid levels that are within the normal range. A double blind clinical trial using red yeast rice and placebo with 80 human subjects was conducted at UCLA. After eight weeks with no changes in diet composition the group taking red yeast rice maintained healthy lipid levels.

Natural Support For Your Heart

Nature provides us with special compounds that allow us to explore safe alternatives to support our health. Taking personal responsibility for your health is at the heart of the wellness revolution. Changing your lifestyle is one of the most effective ways to take that responsibility and provide support and protection for your heart. A diet low in lipid, saturated fats and trans-fatty acids, and high in complex carbohydrates and fiber is important. Exercise regularly, quit smoking and supplement your diet with heart-healthy compounds such as red yeast rice, CoQ10, folic acid, garlic, omega-3 fatty acids, carnitine, hawthorn berry extract, arginine, vitamin E and tocotrienols. Source Naturals RED YEAST RICE is standardized to 1.5% mixed mevinolinic acid monacolins. This standardization process provides you with the assurance that you are getting a consistent concentration of these compounds in each dose. RED YEAST RICE is part of Source Natural’s extensive line of products scientifically formulated to provide support for your cardiovascular health.

References:
Heber, David. Lipid-lowering effects of a proprietary Chinese red-yeast-rice dietary supplement. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 1999: 69(2):231-236. Zhu Y, Li CL, Wang YY, Zhu JS, Chang J, Kritchevsky D. Monascus purpureus (red yeast): a natural product that lowers blood lipid in animal models of hyperlipidemia. Nutr Res 1998; 18:71-81. Medical Encyclopedia. Medlineplus Health Information [online]. U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health, 2003 [October 22, 2003]. Available from World Wide Web: edlineplus/ encyclopedia.html.



--
VitaNet ®
VitaNet ® Staff

Solaray - Ultimate Nutrition - Actipet Pet supplements - Action Labs - Sunny Greens - Thompson nutritional - Natural Sport - Veg Life Vegan Line - Premier One - NaturalMax - Kal





Guarantee: VitaNet® LLC Offers a 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!



VitaNet ® LLC. Discount Vitamin Store.
--->