What are The Steps to Make Kombucha from Extract?
|What are The Steps to Make Kombucha from Extract?||Darrell Miller||11/21/12|
November 21, 2012 07:58 AM
Author: Darrell Miller (email@example.com)
Subject: What are The Steps to Make Kombucha from Extract?
Kombucha is popularly known as a kind of tea which made by fermenting tea and sugar in the presence of yeasts and bacteria. But, in fact, it is a kind of beverage that is made from a colony of yeast and bacteria known as kombucha culture, frequently referred as a mushroom by its look though it is not a mushroom.
Steps to make Kombucha from extract:
- First of all boil about two liters of water in a clean saucepan.
- Then add 5-6 black tea bags to it and let it brew at low flame for about 15-20 minutes
- .Then scoop out the tea bags after turning off the stove.
- Now stir brewed tea well with a wooden spoon after adding a cup of sugar to it.
- Keep the covered pot of tea on the table for two hours to cool down to room temperature.
- Pour it into a jar and add two table spoons full of cider vinegar and kombucha culture to the brewed tea
- Cover the jar with clean cotton cloth safely tightened with rubber band.
- Put the covered jar in a dark and warm place where it may remain for at least a 8 to 14 days, as required according to season, undisturbed to allow it ferment properly.
- After the passage of time you should remove the kombucha culture from the jar.
Your kombucha tea is ready to be stored in bottles. Kombucha tea is used for various health benefits like detoxifying the liver to prevent cancer.
Its richness of enzymes and presence of bacterial acids help in detoxing your body from the effects of toxins to ease your liver from excessive burdens. It helps in improving your digestion, fighting the overgrowth of harmful yeasts and eliminating or reducing the symptoms of depression, anxiety, fibromyalgia, etc. So, take kombucha and live a healthy life.