- Can boost the immune system.
- Can relieve gout and menopausal symptoms.
- Contains antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Helps the elimination process to remove fluids, uric acid, and toxins.
- Is a Blood Purifier.
- Is a good Antioxidant.
- Stimulates digestive function.
- Supports liver and gallbladder function.
- UPC: 076280011104
|Notable Health Benefits of Burdock Root |
Burdock root finds its origin in Europe and Northern Asia though it's grown in the United States as well. It's is a very common weed as it forms the foundation of many herbal formulations. The root can also be cooked and consumed as food.
When cooked, burdock root gets a crispy texture and a sweet flavor which makes it a delicacy to many. Other than the flavour, there are numerous benefits that you can obtain from consuming this root. Here is a look into these benefits
Burdock root tea has been used for centuries as a diuretic. It's highly effective at flushing out toxins and excess fluids from the body system. It also has a mild antibacterial action which aids in the prevention and treatment of urinary tract infections.
Fresh burdock root contains phytochemicals which contain both antibacterial and antifungal attributes. These phytochemicals help the body to combat dermal disorders such as acne, eczema, ringworm and psoriasis. Use the fresh herb to make a brew which is then applied on the affected area. In addition to that, the oil extracted from the root can be used to alleviate itchy scalp and dandruff. It also promotes the growth of healthy hair.
*Digestion and Liver
The University of Michigan Health Systems asserts that burdock root can impede liver damage. On the other hand, studies have shown that the root promotes the secretion of bile juice, which is very essential in various gastrointestinal conditions. Other than promoting the digestion and assimilation of food, it can also soothe ulcers.
Roots obtained from young burdock plants contain high levels of vitamin E and B complex. They also contain minerals that promote the wellness of the body in general.
Other than the afore-mentioned health benefits burdock root, there are claims that it was used as a folk medicine for arthritis. Traditional practitioners used it to cure tonsillitis, colds and sore throats. The root also contains insulin which helps in stabilizing blood sugar level.
As a dietary supplement, take two or three capsules two times a day with meals or a glass of water.
Helpful Customer Reviews
- Red Yeast Rice
- Actipet Pet supplements
- Sunny Greens
- Thompson nutritional
- Veg Life Vegan Line
- Premier One Royal Jelly & Bee Pollen
- Shop by Brands
Find more Solaray Burdock Root
- Gum Guggul–New Benefits for Heart Health from an Age-Old Herb
- Read more about Red Yeast Rice and Lipid Wellness
- Take it to Heart - regain healthy Cholesterol levels ... read more ...
- SYTRINOL - For Heart Health
- Guggulsterones - Natural Support for Cholesterol Health
- New - Guggulsterones 37.5mg - Source Naturals
- Full Spectrum™ Rhodiola Rosea - Planetary Formulas
- GUGGUL CHOLESTEROL COMPOUND - Supports Normal Cholesterol Levels
- . I though bacteria were bad. How can bacteria be good for us?
- What are probiotics?
- Where do these probiotic bacteria come from?