What Are The Different Types Of Ginseng And What Is Ginseng Good For?
|What Are The Different Types Of Ginseng And What Is Ginseng Good For?||Darrell Miller||12/16/11|
December 16, 2011 06:44 AM
Author: Darrell Miller (email@example.com)
Subject: What Are The Different Types Of Ginseng And What Is Ginseng Good For?
Ginseng is a considered to be a perennial plant which is a member of the Panax genus under the family of Araliaceae. It is abundantly found in North America, East Asia and other places which have a cool climate. There are many types of ginseng. Though different in kind, all these species of ginseng contains the active ingredient known as ginsenosides. This chemical substance is the one responsible for the many health benefits of ginseng.
The types of Ginseng are:
1. PANAX GINSENG. This type of ginseng is also known as Asian ginseng. It is very rich in ginsenosides which proves that it is included among the types of true ginseng.
2. PANAX QUINQUEFOLIUS. This ginseng has an effective adaptogenic property. It is otherwise known as American ginseng. This herb is also considered as a true ginseng.
3. ELEUTHEROCOCCUS SENTICOSUS. The other name for this herb is Siberian ginseng. However, it is not considered as a true ginseng because it does not contain ginsenosides but eleutherosides. Also, ginseng has a fleshy root while this herb has a woody one. Despite their differences, Siberian ginseng also has similar effects to true ginseng herbs. It has an adaptogenic property which can effectively improve the overall health of the individual.
As mentioned above, ginseng has many benefits to human health. These include:
1. IMMUNE SYSTEM BOOSTER. Ginseng contains several vitamins and minerals which can be helpful in improving the immune system as well as the overall health of the individual. Studies have shown that ginseng has an ample amount of Vitamin C which can help maintain the health and strength of the body’s immune system. As a result, ginseng can effectively improve health especially those who are one the recovery phase of an illness.
2. LOWERS BLOOD GLUCOSE. Asian ginseng is noted for its potential ability to help regulate blood sugar levels. This is made possible because of its action in the stomach and intestine to control the absorption of glucose from the diet. In this connection, health experts highly recommend that individuals under diabetic therapy must use ginseng with extra care because it might cause hypoglycemia or low level of sugar in the blood.
3. AFFECTS BLOOD PRESSURE. Ginseng can produce an effect to the blood pressure of the individual, either high or low blood pressure. Depending on the dosage and the person’s response, ginseng can effectively maintain blood pressure within it normal limits.
4. IMPROVES THE OVERALL STATE OF HEALTH. Many ginseng consumers have reported that they experience an increased sense of well – being with their regular use of such helpful herb. It is also commonly used for the improvement of one’s stamina and endurance in performing many mental and physical tasks.
Ginseng can be consumed raw. Others use dried roots of this herb. Supplements are also available in the form of tablets, extracts and teas. Ointments and creams are also formulated for topical administration. If you plan to use ginseng for a particular health indication, make sure to talk to your doctor first since ginseng can have significant effect to the body as mentioned above. This will greatly prevent adverse effects and interactions with other medications you are taking.
AMERICAN GINS 5 STD 500mg 100 CAPS 100 CAPSOur Price: - $ 11.00 ...
AMERICAN GINSENG 250 MG 60 60 ctOur Price: - $ 18.23 ...
Panax GINSENG 520mg 100 CAPS 100 capsOur Price: - $ 12.75 ...
PANAX GINSENG 520mg 250 CAPS 1Our Price: - $ 23.40 ...