Search Term: " 1000IU "
Here are recommendations made by Dr. Oz.
September 22, 2011 12:47 PM
FYI - Here are recommendations made by Dr. Oz. See in blue the NOW Foods options.
1. Vitamin D:
- The only nutrient that's also a hormone
- 60% of Americans are deficient
- Helps immunity and cancers, especially colon cancer
- Take if not getting enough sleep
- 3 mg
- Take 2 hours before bedtime
- You should see a change in your sleep pattern within 1-2 weeks
3. Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Increases energy
- Slows the aging process
- Helps with diabetes that affects 80 million Americans
• 400 mg 3 times a day
• keeps immune system strong
• take as soon as symptoms develop
• fights respiratory infections
• NOW Foods Air Defense contains a patented form of Andrographis plus other lung supportive ingredients. a GREAT formula for seasonal health and the frequent traveler.
D 1000IU New Peppermint Flavor "D" Lightful taste
December 30, 2005 06:15 PM
Enjoy healthier bones and skin with Kal's new Vitamin D 1000IU Chewables.
Supplement Facts: Serving Size: 1
Delivers 1000 IU vitamin D
May 10, 2005 04:58 PM
Delivers 1000IU Vitamin D
100% Vegetarian, high potency Vitamin D is vegetable cellulose capsules.
Vitamin D has been extensively studied for it's positive effects on bone health. It has been shown to effecively help promote the absorption and utilization of calcium and phosphorus by the body to enhance bone mineralization.
Although Vitamin D can be made in the skin from the provitamin 7-dehydrocholesterol, it requires sunlight to become activated. During the winter months, many people may not receive enough sunlight to convert vitamin D to its active form. Taking 1000 IU of Vitamin D can help maintain Vitamin D stores in the body.