- Alfalfa can alkalize and detoxify the body.
- Can act as a diuretic, help lower cholesterol, and manage blood sugar levels.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helps balance hormone levels in the body.
- Supports healthy pituitary gland function
- UPC: 076280001105
Product Is Available!
|History and health benefits of alfalfa |
Alfalfa is commonly known as Lucerne, Spanish clover, California clover, purple medic or buffalo herb. It has been cultivated for over 1600 years and is usually grown as alfalfa hay for animal feed. It goes by the botanical name medicago sativa.
History of alfalfa
It originated from the Western Asian and Eastern Mediterranean areas. Today it is grown across the globe and the largest producer is the United States.
It is considered one of man's first known herbs. It is usually used as animal feed and has the highest amount of nutrients of all the hay or forage crops. In the olden days, it was consumed by mankind, used as animal feed and as a fertilizer as it contained a lot of vitamins and minerals. Alfalfa is now very common in Europe, North America, and Canada.
Health benefits of alfalfa
It is taken as raw food or as a supplement. It is effective for several medical conditions and has very few, if any, side effects.
Including this herb in your diet can help with medical problems and conditions such as arthritis, bursitis or muscle problems. Taking alfalfa supplements can help relieve arthritis pain. Alfalfa trace minerals also help the body to repair and rebuild joint tissue. It also helps in the management and treatment of muscle aches and bursitis.
Regular intake of alfalfa or its supplements helps to enhance better overall digestion as well as to ease most stomach upsets. This herb contains 8 digestive enzymes and helps with digestive problems like indigestion, gastritis, nausea, morning sickness, gas pains, and appetite simulation.
Fresh alfalfa contains fiber, which slows down calorie release from the food you eat, thereby helping to lower your blood sugar level.
Other health benefits of alfalfa are as follows:
This herb contains canavanine, a substance that is believed to help treat leukemia, pancreatic and colon cancer.
Helpful Customer Reviews
- Red Yeast Rice
- Actipet Pet supplements
- Sunny Greens
- Thompson nutritional
- Veg Life Vegan Line
- Premier One Royal Jelly & Bee Pollen
- Shop by Brands
Find more Solaray Alfalfa
- What Was The Real Story On The Ephedra Decision?
- Move it and Lose it! Burn off body fat!
- Hoodia Extract - Discover the Contemporary Use for a Traditional Food Source
- DinoEFA - Dietary Supplement
- Acai Liquid - Trace minerals Research
- Cell Rejuvenator by Peter Gillham formulation
- Boost Health And Wellness With Alfalfa The Power Herb
- Blue Cohosh Can Fight Inflammation, Fevers And More
- The Ephedra Decision: The Real Story ...