- UPC: 753950000919
Extra Strength Ginkgo Biloba 120mg
Serving size 1 capsule
Ginkgo Biloba extract (leaf).................120mg
other ingredients: modified cellulose (vegetarian capsule), rice powder, magnesium stearate (vegetable source).
suggested use: as a dietary supplement take one capsule once or twice a day with or without food. when taking two capsules daily, take one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
World’s Oldest Living Plant
Ginkgo biloba extract is derived from the Ginkgo biloba tree leaf. Thriving on Earth for more than 200 million years, the Ginkgo tree is the world’s oldest living plant. Considered sacred in the Orient, Ginkgo was the only surviving tree near the epicenter of the Hiroshima atomic bomb blast. One specimen, planted near a Japanese monastery more than 1,000 years ago, is still alive today.
Rich and Concentrated
The Ginkgo biloba leaf is rich in phytonutrients, chiefly flavonglycosides and terpene lactones (ginkgolides.) In the extract, these bioflavonoid-like active ingredients are highly concentrated. Fifty pounds of Ginkgo leaves are used to yield one pound of extract.
Brain and Mental Function
Numerous clinical studies have been published on Ginkgo biloba extract. Much of this extensive research deals with Ginkgo’s beneficial effects on the brain and mental function.
Foremost among its actions, Ginkgo biloba extract supports circulatory function in the brain and also in the extremities. Enhanced blood flow to the brain means better delivery of oxygen and nutrients.
Many Observed Benefits
The clinically observed benefits of Ginkgo biloba extract include improved short-term memory, and a positive effect on mood, sociability, thinking ability and hearing.
Ginkgo biloba extract is a powerful antioxidant. Acting as free-radical scavengers, Ginkgo’s flavonglysosides help prevent damaging peroxidation of cell membrane lipid components.
Platelet Activating Factor (PAF)
The ginkgolides have been shown to inhibit Platelet Activating Factor (PAF). Controlling PAF reduces clumping of blood platelets and improves circulatory health.
By maintaining blood flow in the extremities, Ginkgo biloba extract supports oxygen delivery to tissues and promotes ability to walk without discomfort.
Ginkgo biloba extracts rank high among the most popular herbal products in Europe, where sales exceed $500 million annually.
Ginkgo biloba extract is non-toxic, free of side effects, and safe for continuous use at the recommended intake level. Best Ginkgo Extract should be taken for four weeks or more before results can be expected.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take one capsule once or twice a day with or without food. When taking two capsules daily, take one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
Does Not Contain: milk, egg, wheat, corn, sugar, sweeteners, starch, salt, or preservatives.
1. Vorberg, G., “Ginkgo biloba extract (GBE): a long-term study of chronic cerebral insufficiency in geriatric patients,” Clinical Trials Journal 1985 22(2): 149-157. Abstract: 112 patients (51 men, 61 women: mean age ±70.5 8.7 years, range 55-94 years) with chronic cerebral insufficiency were treated as outpatients in several German test centers with Ginkgo biloba extract at 120 mg/day in an open one-year trial. Results showed a statistically significant (P < 0.001) regression of the major symptoms of vertigo, headache, tinnitus, short-term memory, vigilance and mood disturbance. Heart rate and blood pressure modifications were not detected. Laboratory mean levels of blood cholesterol and triglycerides remained practically unchanged during the period of the trial. Significant side-effects did not occur throughout the study, nor were significant interactions with existing basic medications such as cardiac glycosides or antidiabetics observed.
2. Kleijnen, J., Knipschild, P., “Ginkgo biloba,” The Lancet, 1992, 340(7):1136-1139.
3. Bauer, U., “6-month double-blind randomized clinical trial of Ginkgo biloba extract versus placebo in two parallel groups in patients suffering from peripheral arterial insufficiency,” Arzneim.-Forsch./Drug Res. 1984 34(I), Nr. 6.
4. Pidoux, B., “Effects of Ginkgo biloba extract on the functional activity of the brain,” Presse Medicale 1986, 15(31):1588-1591. Abstract Electroencephalography is the only convenient method for functional exploration of the brain. The recent introduction of signal analysis techniques has given it a quantitative dimension and has resulted in pharmacological studies of electroencephalograms. In four studies of this kind, the effects of Ginkgo biloba extract were investigated on three pathological animal models, in healthy young volunteers and in elderly people with demential disorders. In man, the EEG tracings could be analyzed in relation to different psychometric tests. The results obtained confirm those of clinical trials, and notably the activity of Ginkgo biloba extract on alertness.
5. Hofferberth, B., “The efficacy of EGb 761 in patients with senile dementia of the Alzheimer type, a double-blind, placebo-controlled study on different levels of investigation,” Human Psychopharmacology 1994, 9: 215-22.
6. Mouren, X., Caillard, P., Schwartz, F., “Study of the Antiischemic action of EGB 761 in the treatment of peripheral arterial occlusive disease by TcPO2 determination,” Angiology 1994 6(45):413-417.
Helpful Customer Reviews
- Red Yeast Rice
- Actipet Pet supplements
- Sunny Greens
- Thompson nutritional
- Veg Life Vegan Line
- Premier One Royal Jelly & Bee Pollen
- Shop by Brands
Find more Doctors Best Extra Strength Ginkgo
- Pep Up and Go!
- New - Best Acai 500mg from Doctors Best
- New - Best Acetyl-L-Carnitine 500mg from Doctors Best
- Ginkgo Can Help Improve Blood Flow And Mental Health
- GINKGO BILOBA - (Ginkgo biloba)