source naturals Supplement articles
American Ginseng: Health benefits
American ginseng, also named Panax Quinquefolius, belongs to the ivy family of plants and it's used for therapeutic purposes - mainly in the alternative medicine niche.
This plant's medicinal use reports back to the Native Americans, as it's leaf and root were a powerful healing herb used by witchdoctors for many purposes.
American ginseng was also traded to the asians by big sums of gold in the 19th century - and it's still very valuable now, but because of its health benefits.
This herb has the following benefits:
- - Controlling and preventing diabetes by keeping your blood-sugar in check;
- - Preventing obesity: American ginseng tea lowers your appetite;
- - Sexual enhancement: Like its Korean counterpart, it helps to perform sexually;
- - Menstrual side-effects: Cramps, headaches and other symptoms are relieved by the tea made from the American ginseng's leaves.
- - It helps as a tonic: Giving you physical and mental focus And more.
It's root is used in many modern remedies.